Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice

No matter what mode I use to activate the system, after a while when I go back and check on it the selected mode is "disarmed". I've tried using the built-in "armed" mode, I've tried setting a custom mode, and I've tried the scheduler. No matter what I do, the system eventually puts itself back in "disarmed" mode.

41 REPLIES 41
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought so to, but apparently it was on the web or server side. For me, so far so good.

techsupporter
Tutor
Tutor
UPDATE: As of 5/21, no issues. My system seems to be running fine. Thanks for the repair ( very much appreciated).
- satisfied customer
see78
Guide
Guide
Same. Appears to be working correctly now without an app update needed. No issues since Saturday.
defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine has been running great since Saturday as well. Thanks for the fix, Netgear. I ordered four more cameras. 🙂
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: A fix for this issue was deployed over the weekend resolving this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any related issues.

Thank you,

JamesC

ZimD00M
Aspirant
Aspirant

purchased system over a month ago. All cameras are now installed and working.  The main complaint is...like others...system goes from armed to disarm on it's own. NOT GOOD when you are trying to be SECURE.   please help... Mine has done it 3 times in as many days

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When this happens, use the other method to check (browser or app).  Some folks have had recent issues, I think with iOS devices but it's worth checking both methods to see if one is correct and the other is now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The iOS issue you are referring to was fixed in a recent release, as was the issue the original post in this thread describes.

ZimD00M,

As jguerdat mentions, do you notice the same behavior across multiple devices (web client and app)? What device are you seeing this behavior on (model/OS version)?

JamesC

ZimD00M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Always latest IOS on phone/iPad ... All cameras/base updated... Haven't had it happen since post so appreciate fact upgrades have been applied. Thanks to all

Kathysnow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchase our Arlo system for vacation home.
Why does it keep disarming itself if this problem was fixed in May?

How does the system get updates if I'm in a different state???

Help!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Updates occur automatically regardless of location.

How many people have access to be able to manipulate the system? Any guest accounts using Grant Access? Are you using a schedule? Have you tried creating your own custom mode and used that instead of Armed?

MSHO
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am now having the same "automatic disarm mode" change unexplainably. It seems to only happen during the daytime, but has been several days in the last week. Any insight Arlo?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base.  It would seem to be something unique to your location.

eddiejc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any solution to this please? Bought my Arlo Pro a month ago & I'm seeing it switches from Armed mode to Disarmed mode automatically/intermittently. I have tried a reboot of the Pro hub.

Firmware: 1.8.9.0_11528

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try popping the battery out of the camera to reset it, too.  Also, check to make sure you haven't somehow selected the schedule instead of the Armed mode in the Mode tab.

eddiejc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ah, from which of the 4 cameras? All presumably?

Definitely set it as armed, not scheduled.

I did have it linked to SmartThings; SmartThings does not have the ability to change Arlo mode, but can switch individual cameras on and off, which is what it was doing successfully. I have now stripped out the SmartThings integration so Arlo is running independently.

I'll see what happens next, but as I say, SmartThings Arlo Smart App does not have the option to change Arlo modes.

Many thanks for your response! 😁
ScottCaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am havein ght same switching to disarmed problem with use of SmartThings.  I removed the Smartthings mode and removed the cameras from Smarthings "things" list.  SO far it has not shifted to disarmed.

I really wnat to use SMarthings integration though to trigger a light with camera motion/record!

Please help!