Lots of motion without alerts or videos in library

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help with motion detection. The camera is on adn I can see myself walking in front and going back and forth in real time. No alrerts. UPS has been to the front door twice and also, no alerts. Is thre supposed to be one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

amh56 wrote:

I was not but I did an it does record, it goes to library but still no motion detection. Just walked in front of it again and nothing. I also tried the reset method. One question, does the motion detection work through glass? at presnt, I have it inside behind glass pointing out. Could that lessen motion detection?

Arlo Cameras DO NOT work thru glass..... The PIR device which triggers the recording detects IR which is blocked by glass!

The Arlo Q cameras will work thru glass as they use a pixel detection system ( changes in what the cam sees )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on the mode settings. Alerts can be turned on and off. What mode are you using - Armed or a custom one?

amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the "armed" mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, are you getting ANY recordings?  If you use live view, can you record?  Are the running men for each camera in the Cameras tab black or gray?  Gray means disarmed and won't record.

Go to the Mode tab and click on your base.  In there, is the Armed mode selected?  Edit it and check the settings for each camera to ensure all settings are correct, including any notifications you want.  I'd strongly suggest making your own mode(s) so you can leave the defaults alone for reference and troubleshooting.  

It's possible the Armed mode is somehow screwed up and the only way to actually reset it is to reset the base, delete all devices and start fresh. First, I would reboot the base using the power switch before resorting to that level of effort.

amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does not record in live view. That is how I have tested it. I walk in front, back and forth, waive my arms and it is all viewable but zero alerts or recordings. I can see myself in the camera. Base is armed and camera on. The man is black and not gray and I have the sensitivity setting at 100%. Thanks for all the support so far. I will try reset but may have doen that already. Will do it again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, you have to push the "target" icon while live viewing to record. I assume that's what you've been using?

amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was not but I did an it does record, it goes to library but still no motion detection. Just walked in front of it again and nothing. I also tried the reset method. One question, does the motion detection work through glass? at presnt, I have it inside behind glass pointing out. Could that lessen motion detection?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

amh56 wrote:

Arlo Cameras DO NOT work thru glass..... The PIR device which triggers the recording detects IR which is blocked by glass!

The Arlo Q cameras will work thru glass as they use a pixel detection system ( changes in what the cam sees )

Morse is faster than texting!
amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! That solved it. I have both so I just pointed one out and one in and switched the two.

amh56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I now have a new issue. The camera pointing out is detecting my neighbors car etc. just fine. They are about a crosswalk further from my gate. However, when i drove up and got out right in front of the gate, nothing was triggered or recorded. why?

The camera facing the inside is also not sending alerts. It works when I test it for motion etc. and it records during the test but I walk in front back and forth and still no video or alerts. I also tried walking further away but in view. Same issue as earlier. Thanks for nay feedback.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The easiest/fastest way to troubleshoot this is to post screenshots.  That way we can see what you're seeing and may be able to make useful suggestions.