Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bota
Follower
Follower
I have just bought the wireless WiFi system (VMS3130-100MAS). I positioned the camera 3' from my driveway and it is not able record license plates during the day and there's no chance at night. We've had several cars going up our driveway lately. The purpose of the video system is to record vehicles and plates.

Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

bota wrote:
I have just bought the wireless WiFi system (VMS3130-100MAS). I positioned the camera 3' from my driveway and it is not able record license plates during the day and there's no chance at night. We've had several cars going up our driveway lately. The purpose of the video system is to record vehicles and plates.

Any suggestions?

It is VERY hard to get plate numbers...esp if the car is moving.

That said, the Arlo camera would prob have to be low mounted at a distant of not more than 15ft to get a chance of a plate if the vehicle is moving.

Max range with the Arlos is prob 25ft +/- for a plate if the car is still... it's a wide angle lens

Honestly, I don't think the Arlo cams will work to your satisfaction in doing so. You may need a high rez wired camera aimed at ONLY a small area of your driveway.

( not to mention a full flood light system or IR flood lights )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation