Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library not synced with number of recordings

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

After updating the new app, my camera view shows 10 recordings but the library shows no recordings, I have tried to reset by taking a picture, this does reset to 1 recording but when i delete this 1 recording the camera then shows 10 recordings. The previous version allowed me to go to sellings / my subscribtion / delete all files and this worked last time i had the problem but now this menu setting function has been removed? So can anyone tell me how to manage this? thanks

15 REPLIES 15
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
I'm having a similar or the same issue. My camera has recorded "5" videos but my Library shows none. This is via the Android app. When I go into the Web App online, the 5 videos are there. I checked and I have no filtering on the Library. I also added a filter and took it back off to see if it would reset but no effect. I cannot watch videos from 2 of my 3 cameras from the Android app now even though they are there.
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Fwiw, I uninstalled the android app and reinstalled it from scratch and there's still a discrepancy between the Web app and my android app library.
nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

this morning cameras show zero recording same a library so all synced now. think there must be some kind of auto delete function

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

and now after switching on the app same problem exists frustrating

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
There was a suggestion on the other thread I followed: I deleted ALL of my videos. Then I triggered motion that would cause all 3 cameras to record. All 3 cameras display a "1" next to them now. When I look at the android app library, only the video from camera 2 is there. On the desktop app, all 3 videos are there. If I record a video manually all 3 show up. It's only when 3 cameras record at the same time that the android app will only show 1 video.
Darkchydle
Initiate
Initiate

Having exactly the same problem here. I have two cameras watching the street due to a large number of thefts in our area (new estate with lots of houses being built). I have it so both cameras record when either of them has its motion detection triggered. If I log into the web application I can see all the videos. When I use the Android app and go into the library with no filtering on I can only see the Video from the camera that was triggered.

jdaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue you describe
DollysPal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem I have no videos but it shows I have 3. how can I clear
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DollysPal,

Try taking a snapshot from live view on the affected camera. This should update the counter.

JamesC

DollysPal
Aspirant
Aspirant

That fixed it but I now notice that on both my cell phone and laptop,  under Settings, the "Device Settings" is gray. Is it suppose to be?

I also use to get text messages when there was motion detected  sent to  my cell phone but now I do not. I get it on my laptop. Sounds like a  cell phone problem??? Thanks for your help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

DollysPal wrote:

That fixed it but I now notice that on both my cell phone and laptop,  under Settings, the "Device Settings" is gray. Is it suppose to be?

I also use to get text messages when there was motion detected  sent to  my cell phone but now I do not. I get it on my laptop. Sounds like a  cell phone problem??? Thanks for your help

Yup, Device settings is a category, not a selection. My Devices is what you choose under that category.

Also, you never got text messages. You may have gotten app notifications. As asked and answered many, many times here, the answer is to edit your modes and enable notifications for each camera. Mode tab, select system, edit your modes and enable notifications. Be sure to save on your way back out.

DollysPal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Deleted app and re-installed and all is working like it did previous to upgrade.

Aspirant
Aspirant
This is a known bug. I have been dealing with this for a while. Supposed to be fixed on next android release but i dont know when that is. Does anyone know when next release of app is scheduled?
npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo has no answer. I have loaded with level2 service guys but don't have any solution. Put me to level3 and super slow respond. Don't recommend anyone to buy this brand anymore!!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

npk200189,

Please private message me the case number you have open with the support team and I will take a look. I will provide any additional feedback that I can.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation