Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where customers are experiencing login issues. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to resolve this issue.
×Arlo End of Life Policy Notice To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
×Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account. Please enable this feature now. Learn More.
We are experiencing an outage of our ReadyCloud service and are working to resolve the issue..
We are experiencing an outage of our Google service and are working to resolve the issue..
Every time I use the app or web app I find a new bug. Today I find that the 'save" button remains greyed out when editing rules, or they don't save properly. I am so frustrated by the january update - everything was great when I bought it in december 2015. Yes, the transfer between cloud and app is now faster, but the UI still sucks big time. Every taks takes more clicks and more time, and you have to repeat that because you can't duplicate rules any more. PUT THE UI BACK TO HOW IT WAS DEC 2015, PLEASE! Try using this in real world scenarios, where for example you have:
2 cameras in the front
2 cameras in the back
You want the two front cameras to trigger each other, and the 2 back cameras to trigger each other. That gives you 8 rules to set up and edit for an "All On" mode. Now you need a "Front Only" mode (for when you are hanging out in the back) and a "Back Only" mode. That gives you a total of 16 rules.
These 16 each take approximately DOUBLE the number of clicks to set up and edit than before. Plus, now if I need to edit the sensitivity of a front camera, I have to do it for each rule using that camera as rules are no longer shared.
Seriously, someone with experience of the system pre Jan 2016 try to do this and then try to disagree with me. Netgear have really ballsed it up here.
1. The videos in the app are not easy to scan any more. I loved the fact that the thumbnail image was a couple of seconds in, so I could see at a glance if it was a person or a car triggering it. Now the thumbnail is way to small to see that.
** Please make the thumbnails bigger again, and re-enable rotation of that page! **
2. I see what youve tried to do by re-organising the rules and modes, but it has made it much clumsier to use. If I need to adjust the sensitivity of a camera or recording time (frequent tasks for new users, and new cameras), it is now 9 steps instead of 5. It used to be: Settings --> Rules --> Select Rule --> Adjust Slider --> Done. Now it is: Mode --> Base --> Select Mode to edit --> Select Rule to edit --> Select edit motion --> Adjust slider --> Back to edit rule --> Back to edit mode --> Back to base.
Plus you cant see which rule youre moving the slider for any more, and some of us are forgetful, especially if were going through and editing multiple rules.
** Please put both the sliders back on the rule page - they dont need to be buried on another page! **
3. Let us re-use rules! Really basic. Also would be pretty obvious to let us re-order them for ease of editing.
4. I believe battery life is worse after the update.
5. The recording lag seems worse.
6. Rotating the iphone no longer rotates the videos. Instead I have to remember to hit a tiny icon with my human-sized fingers. And I can't swipe between videos any more...?
We appreciate your feedback concerning the UI changes that were implemented in December. We are always striving to improve the Arlo user experience. I will forward your posts to the product manager for review.
For personalized support specific to the Arlo products you own, access Support from within the Arlo iOS or Android App. Simply login to your Arlo App, go to Settings, Support, then select the Arlo product you would like support for.