Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way to auto arm the system?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alm99
Aspirant
Aspirant

For instance, some days I work from home, other days I may come home early. I have the system running in geofencing mode and scheduling mode. The system is set to arm during normal working hours mon-fri by schedule. The system stays armed even if I am home and geofencing mode is active. This creates an issue if I am working outside and the cameras continue to be triggered so I am forced to disarm the system manually through the app. Well, you know what happens next.... I forget to rearm the system. 

Is there a way to have it set that if I disarm the system that it will automatically rearm once the next scheduled time is? 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alm99,

It sounds like you would want your Geofencing settings to show the Home Mode as "disarmed" and the Away mode as "Schedule".

This would keep the cameras disarmed when you are inside the location radius and arm the camera when you are outside the radius (within the schedule conditions).

JamesC

alm99
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

alm99,

It sounds like you would want your Geofencing settings to show the Home Mode as "disarmed" and the Away mode as "Schedule".

This would keep the cameras disarmed when you are inside the location radius and arm the camera when you are outside the radius (within the schedule conditions).

JamesC

Thanks! I will find out when I get home if this works. 

However, if I do this then, the schedule doesn't go into effect right? That's an issue when the cameras should be armed at night while we sleep. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation