Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to turn on all cameras when one camera is triggered by motion. If so how?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
kwanzor
Aspirant
Aspirant

5 REPLIES 5
kwanzor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I presently have a system with four cameras in a condo. When motion is detected, the person is usually out of site on that particular camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kwanzor,

Triggering all cameras to record when one camera detects motion is possible by setting up cross-recording rules within a custom mode.

To do this, create a rule that states:

When motion is detected on Camera A, record on Camera B.

Repeat for all desired cameras.

For instructions on how to set up a custom mode/custom rules, take a look at these articles:

What are Rules and how do I create them?

How do I create a new mode for my Arlo Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a 7 wireless setup and have a special set of rules made up.

For example:

1. Porch cam triggers and makes porch camera record.

2. Porch camera triggers and makes back yard camera record.

3. Porch camera triggers and makes side of house camera record.

Crazy part here is the 1st rule doesn't happen but 2 and 3 do. Any reason why the 1st rule isn't recording when the other 2 are?

If I can take a screen shot on my PC I'll paste it in a reply if need be so, you can see if I inputed something wrong as I have the others doing the same thing 1st, then making them have others record in the rules.

Thanks in advance.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use nested rules but maybe it's the order of the rules?  Try putting #1 as #3.

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

I removed the #1 rule all together which still made the other 2 record. When inputing nested rules they are all catergorized in one major list so, changing it the way you mentioned would mean delete the whole list of 27 different operations in the list.

I did delete #1 and add it back in thinking it would put it at the bottom of the list but, no such luck as it remained at the top once again. I'll try the deletion of the whole set of rules and make it with the same unit triggering and recording as #3 to see. A lot of work but, if it works it's worth the time and information shared for others to be a benefit. If not, then this a setup that can't be accomplished.

I'll re-post the new findings after I delete 27 and re-enter 27 commands. The only reason i have them doing multiple recordings is incase my home is getting hit from 2 different locations at the same time and if one of the cameras just doesn't detect the movement for precautions.

Thanks for your input as well! Smiley Very Happy

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation