Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Initialize fabric

Discussion stats
rlkirk
Follower
Follower
  1. When attempting to use my Arlo app, I am getting a message that I must "Initialize Fabric". I cannot figure out what that means. I have googled it and also looked at the Arlo manual and the support area. Can you please help? I cannot access my videos when I am not at home. Thank you, Randy Kirk
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We recently released a new Android app that resolved this error. Please take a look at the Release Notes for more details.

Thank you for all the feedback on this issue, it was greatly appreciated!

JamesC

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
drewlb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Never saw it before, but it started appearing in the last 24hrs. I've not made any changes to the system, phone, or network. 

Loraina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you figured out what this is? I am as well javingbthis issue. I am trying to view my cameras from the app on my phone and cannot connect. My message says must initialize Fabric before using singleton()
And I cannot login into the app. I am still receiving emails that my cameras are detecting motion and they are recording, but I would like to be able to access my app again.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
IanBB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Has started to appear since the last app update. Currently un-installing the app and re-installing seems to make it work again but annoyingly this is occuring every 24-48 hours. Just bought the system last week and find this extreemly frustrating.

Running android 5.1.1 samsung s6 edge+

Handsome58
Initiate
Initiate
Hello. Is there any solution to the message, "Initialize Fabric "? My husband and I just installed our system yesterday. We believed this to be gready investment towards securing our home but this is starting to become a disappointment.
wlrogers43
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem this morning.  I contacted support via the chat link.  I was told to uninstall the app then reinstall it to fix the problem.  I did uninstall and then reinstall it and that action did fix the problem.

niloshcuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 days ago one of my cameras just stopped working, yesterday it took forever to view via the cameras and it kept saying my device is offline, now this. I cannot see a single response from Arlo. How does this work please?
niloshcuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you
niloshcuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried de installing and reinstalling and it wirked
Bobbermange
Guide
Guide

initialize fabric before using singleton...

WHAT IS THIS!
Answer quick and clear so we can use our cameras normaly...
Everyday is something new, before it was a red camera, this is still red and nobody help me to fix it. I can not go to the store everyday..
And now this new **bleep**, i need to know NOW, not after som email and connection to the shop where i buy them!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bobbermange,

Consider rebooting your mobile device. If you are still experiencing this issue after the device reboot, consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app. Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

JamesC

Whisk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where is the fix for this "initialize fabric" glitch. We can't uninstall and reinstall everyday.
Whisk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did the reinstall, that fixed it but it was
Back in 24 hours.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Try force-stopping the app. Worked for me. Little less time-consuming than uninstalling and reinstalling it.

To force-stop an app in Android go into your settings, go to apps, then Arlo, press the button that says “Force Stop“.
Slowdiesel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was told to uninstal and reinstall, and still the same crap!!!

jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

You don't need to uninstall and reinstall the app, and it won't help anyway. The only things that seem to be helping are to either kill the Arlo app and relaunch it, or reboot your phone. Killing the app is a lot faster than rebooting, but it's still irritating and indication of a buggy and unstable app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been able to get past this by logging out and back in, sometimes multiple times.  Faster than any other method.  Also, support has said that a new version of the Android app is on its way to fix the problem.

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

"Initialize Fabric" means you should go to the drawer where you keep the dish towels, pull a clean one out, to wipe away the tears from all the aggravation and the sweat from all the troubleshooting.

If you see, "Iniatilize Mop" that means to call the coroner and the county sherriff!!! The coroner for declaring your system dead in the water and the sherriff to report a crime, of false promises, stolen value and wasted effort.

5camera-guy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have seen this twice in the last few weeks. Rebooting my phone fixed it both times
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen this in a few days and actually forgot about it. Is anyone still seeing not? I'd think we'd be seeing more comments if so.

niloshcuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are funny lol..
niloshcuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still getting it..have been for last few days..have been uninstalling and installing but will now try force stopping as suggested.
Most annoying is there should be a broadcast page (may be there is) where arlo actually tell us why things like this start happening all of a sudden to many users. Surely they have made some changes to have caused this..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whoops!  Just got it this morning.  Tried logging in multiple times with no success.  Used the back button to close and opened it again and logged in successfully.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue. We hope to have a fix released soon with an update for the Android mobile app. Currently, if you encounter this error please force close the app and launch it again to resolve the issue as jguerdat describes above.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on a resolution.

Thank you,

JamesC

princejohn
Tutor
Tutor
I am having this problem for over a week.And with no help from Arlo .They try and say it is only happening on Android phone and tablets.Anyone out their with a iphone also having this problem?