Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If someone opens live view during an alert, does that kill recording?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
see78
Guide
Guide
My wife and I both received motion alerts. I'm home and she is out of town. She got the alert and clicked on live view and sent me a text saying how handsome I was paying for my pizza. I wanted to check to see how handsome I actually was but the video was not there. So if someone clicks on live view does that kill the recording?
4 REPLIES 4
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have interupted a recording many times to stream live. The recording still should go to the library. I will go out on a limb here, Arlo does not like to share streaming amongst users. Maybe your wife was viewing ( streaming) at the same time you tried to view. This may have killed the recording. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Will have to test this.... interesting to know the answer.

But , I do know that;

If recording and the camera is disabled, anything recorded up to that point will end up in library.

if MOTION detect is on ( green run man ) AND you start a LIVE view, the running man turns to GRAY and is inactive. I assumed in past, that if this is the case the 'viewer' can start a manual record session so it was mute. Also after ending LIVE view, the run man does go back to GREEN ( motion detect ) if it was previous on.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
see78
Guide
Guide
She was added as a 'friend' with no admin rights. I tested it and it appears that if she live views an alert before the recording has ended, the recording is not being sent to the base station. I did this on 2 different zones. If I check live view during an event, it appears to be sending the video fine.
see78
Guide
Guide
Just went out to walk my dogs without my phone. When I was back inside 2 Arlo alerts were in the notifications. Opened app and no videos in the library. Wife says she opened app and clicked live view right after she got the alert. Told her to only look at the library next time. Stood in front of the camera and she opened app and watched video through library. Video was available this time to me as well. Clearly an issue with a 'friend' using live view. Gonna have to unfriend my wife😿👎🏻. This is the only issue I've had in the week I've had the cameras but it's a real problem.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation