Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hmn
Follower
Follower

Hi there

Was wondering if anybody had noted similar problems and had a solution. I have three camera's all set up. We have light from the street lamps but at dawn and dusk prior to the street lights coming on the IR mode kicks in and works really well. Later when the street lights come on they revert back to visual light spectrim which is not good.The IR picture is excellent. I was wondering if there is a way of decreasing the ambient light sensitivity and increasing the IR sensitivity.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I note 3 different scenarios on my cameras which are really only two.  I think it relates to what you're saying.

1) Color images when enough lighting is available.  This is during the day or at night when outdoor lighting is strong enough.

2) B&W when the light level falls but is still not totally dark (dusk/dawn).

3) B&W at night with IR illumination due to not enough external lighting.

I'm thinking you're talking about 2 and 3. So, when the street lights turn on, the camera uses that lighting and you're not happy with the quality?  You could try positioning the cameras so the street lights are not in the scene (rotate them down or whatever direction is needed)..