Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Co1
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I used to get push notifications on my iphone from arlo.  I've checked my IOS and push notifications are all enabled.  I've looked in the arlo app to see if there was something to set.  Not sure why I am no longer getting push notifications but they are important to me.  Anyy ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
mikerun
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, ever since the latest update push notifications no longer work even though they are turned on. Very disappointing.

On a separate note, they also got rid of the ability to see how much storage is being used as well as the option to either stop recording when full or delete oldest and continue recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If folks would read the scads of questions and answers here, it would quickly become apparent that:

1) You must edit your modes to enable notifications.  They were previously on a global basis and are now on a per camera basis.  Mode tab, select system, edit modes, change whatever settings, including notifications, you want.

2) Storage is no longer an issue, only the number of days allowed by your plan.  You can have 100GB in 7 days if on the basic plan with no need to worry is you're running out of space.  However, the number of days before deleting them is being strictly followed.

mikerun
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the information jguerdat.

I did not find the "scads of questions and answers" that you say are "here" (where exactly is here by the way?), so I apologize for my apparent ignorance in navigating the website.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate your response (starting with the second paragraph) as I was able to find the push notification options buried under the modes menu as you described.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

mikerun wrote:

Thanks for the information jguerdat.

I did not find the "scads of questions and answers" that you say are "here" (where exactly is here by the way?), so I apologize for my apparent ignorance in navigating the website.

I was terse because this exact question has been asked and answered here (the various forums - I think each one has multiple such posts) so many times that it's obvious that folks aren't reading even the thread subjects that deal with these questions. While it does take a little time and reading or a quick Google search with appropriate terms to research the issue before posting. I agree that the possibility of "stickies" could help a lot but there is a search bar at the top of these pages (the green "Search For Answers") that simply typing in " notifications" gives lots of existing threads.

You were just the victim of my frustration having to type the same answers out so many times when a little effort on the questioner's part would have mitigated the time it took you to resolve your issue as well as my IRs. I apologize for taking it out on you.

Co1
Initiate
Initiate

Well,

I followed all your instructions and found the settings burried in the arlo app and guess what.. Still no alerts coming to my phone.
Big problem and it's one of the main reasons (alerts) that I bought the Arlo system.  It worked until a few weeks ago. Very frusterating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand correctly, you verified/set the notifications for all cameras to be on by editing your mode(s) and used the save button on each step where it's available on the way back out of doing the editing, correct?  There's still the possibility that the app notification setting in your phone may somehow be disabled.  Depends on the OS but check the app settings via your phone's settings menu to ensure that Arlo has notifications enabled.  Barring that, the next step would be to reinstall the app - it might be that simple.

dmadasen
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have set all these settings and hit save on all of them and the notifications work untill i check them and then i get them no more when i check the settings the checkmark is gone next to the push notifications

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser to set these.  If that works long-term, try reinstalling the app since it would seem to be something about the app that's the issue.

jamie1972
Initiate
Initiate
Seems like there are ALOT of bugs like this. This morning, I was receiving push notifications like crazy even though I have NEVER had them activated. THIS is why Arlo Isn't sold at Walmart. At best buy, there is a 14 day return window....then you're stuck with it. If Walmart carried it, there would be so many returns, Arlo would go broke.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jamie1972,

Were you able to disable push notifications in the rules for your cameras? Please let us know if you are still receiving unwanted push notifications.

Log in to your Arlo account > Mode > select your base station > click the pencil next to the desired mode > click edit on the desired rule > uncheck push notifications.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation