Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long does it take the arlo camera to start recording again after it has detected motion.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SabrinaS
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long does it take arlo camera to start recording again after it has detected motion. In other words, it sees motion and records...it gets to the end of the thirty seconds but there is still motion going on, when is it going to start recording again? I've noticed it will detect motion, record for the 30 seconds I've set it to, and if you continue the motion I would think it would start right up again, but it doesn't.  How long does it take to reset itself so it will start recording again?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to vary according to who knows what but maybe 30 seconds? I set my recording timefor 2 minutes to avoid the issue as much as possible. Also, don't forget that the motion still has to be detected following the same rules as the initial motion (across the FOV, starting at an edge) which may not happen.

SabrinaS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, I'm finding some of this annoying.  I was thinking of upping the record time, but I'm wondering what that's gonna do to the battery life.  Thank you for replying.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life will depend on how often a recording is triggered.  If it's once or twice a day, no problem.  30x a day - get rechargeables (yes, I know they're not officially recommended - visit the Buying Tips and Options forum for info).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation