Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hi just bought arlo today

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chardz
Aspirant
Aspirant
hi I just bought arlo 2 camera device today.

Something which I need a clearer explanation on.

1) does arlo only record if there's motion detected?
As I actually tried to off the mode for motion on 1 cam and on the motion on the other, however only the one with works recording.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If MOTION is OFF, there will be no automatically recordings due to motion in front of the camera. If MOTION is ON then there will be.

Regardless of the MODE, MOTION ON or MOTION OFF or SCHEDULE you can both view or manually start a record session from the live viewing screen for any of the cameras.

Turning on the SCHEDULE uses the same MODES - MOTION ON or MOTION OFF that you use manually, its just activated/turned on or off by the time set.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recording is done with motion detection or by manually starting it from the cameras screen. Maybe detailing what steps you've done would help.

Chardz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi can i check whats actually the difference between,

1) all motion on and off?

Does it mean if i set the rule as motion on, it will only record if there's motion? And when motion off? It will record everything with or without motion?

As what i understand is Arlo only record when there's motion? Please advise.

Seems confusing with me, i tried using A camera with motion on and B camera with motion off.

But when i walked pass the living room, only camera A with motion is recorded, while camera B no record at all.

And also what is there setting where i can actually schedule the time of recording? Like for example camera A and B can only record when i schedule from 1am to 6am?

Thank you.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All motion on means recording will start when motion is detected.  Off means just the opposite - no recording regardless of motion detection.

To schedule, use a web browser and go to the Mode page.  Turn the schedule on using the slider and drag and drop modes into the schedule. Drag the bars surrounding the mode to the times you desire.  In your example, drop All motion off to start the schedule and adjust the bottom bar to 1 AM.  Next, drop All motion on below the first and adjust the bottom bar to 6 AM.  Finish by dropping All motion off and drag the bottom bar to midnight.  Repeat and modify as desired for the other days.

Chardz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi jguerdat, thanks for your explanation.

I need abit more understanding, so means if motion off, there wont be any recording of the arlo right, with motion off therefore arlo works only like live camera am i right to say this? Only with motion on than arlo is working to record?

Also for the scheduling am abit confused here, only in schedule than you can actually record regardless motion on / off? Or it works same as the normal rule?

Thanks
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If MOTION is OFF, there will be no automatically recordings due to motion in front of the camera. If MOTION is ON then there will be.

Regardless of the MODE, MOTION ON or MOTION OFF or SCHEDULE you can both view or manually start a record session from the live viewing screen for any of the cameras.

Turning on the SCHEDULE uses the same MODES - MOTION ON or MOTION OFF that you use manually, its just activated/turned on or off by the time set.

Morse is faster than texting!
Chardz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great thanks its a good understanding 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation