Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Green means "on" ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Telletdl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to check - in the modes, if the rules are in black text it means they are OFF?  And if in green they are ON?  So in the default "all motion off" mode, the rule still says "Record on motion" but it is in black text - meaning it is OFF?  Is this correct?

Why can't you just have a text box say ON or OFF?  Why the subtle color change with no text confirmation?  This is not intuitive or helpful.  Your FAQ needs to explain the colors.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Telletdl,

You are correct.  Black or uncolored text will indicate that the rule is inactive, green will indicate active.  This is somewhat different if you are using the phone app as the rule will dim when inactive and become lit along with a green checkmark.

We always appreciate feedback on ways to improve our products, I encourage you to make a suggestion on our Idea Exchange Board.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Telletdl wrote:

Just wanted to check - in the modes, if the rules are in black text it means they are OFF?  And if in green they are ON?  So in the default "all motion off" mode, the rule still says "Record on motion" but it is in black text - meaning it is OFF?  Is this correct?

Also.... an easy way to confirm is from the LIVE VIEW screen for the cameras.

With ALL ON, the 'running man' on all the cams will be GREEN.  With ALL OFF, the runing men on all cams will be black/grayed. 

This is a handy test when setting up new Modes to verify they are doing what you expect them to do ( be on or off )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Telletdl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip.  I wonder how those with color blindness see these indicators?  I just don't really understand why this isn't backed up with either text or a different icon showing the status - it would be just as easy in the programming and it would be far clearer, in my opinion.

And yes, Morse is faster and more fun!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation