Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing working fine on two devices, but in or out zone notifications only appear on primary dev

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have been using Geofencing for a while and it works perfectly for us. Only recently one little annoyance appeared.

When we both move out of the zone, I - as primary user, it's my account on Arlo where the camera's and base station is added - get a notification the "Away" mode has been set. Same goes for when either of us get back in the zone, it reports "Home" to my device. It used to report that to my wife's device as well, but lately (~two weeks ago) it stopped doing that. I get all messages, my wife gets messages when there is motion detected, but no longer the in- or out of zone notifications.

I did remove my wife's account (Grant access revoked) and readded it. I also switched of both of our devices in geofencing and added them again. It all seems to work just fine, except my wife's phone will not get the in- or out of zone notifications anymore.

Is this working fine for others? We're both on the Android App, both running Android Nougat (7.0) and the latest Arlo app.

Regards,

Tino

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, I will escalate this topic for further investigation.

JamesC

Fajer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing worked perfectly until Arlo app update (ISO) to ver. 2.2.1. November 8, 2016
Now the system DI NOT switches to away mode, when we leave home!
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately it's still not fixed. The same issue remains, the message "No internet connection" keeps appearing on my wife's phone and nobody was able to help us. It's frustrating as we have the base + 7 Arlo's in and around our house on a premium account. I know Geofencing is "still in beta", but isn't there an engineer that wants to find out what is causing the issues together with me and solve it?

The forums have multiple reports of Geofencing not working with multiple devices. As it worked before it should not be that hard to get it to work again. If only someone was able to really remove my wife's device from the Geofencing list. I even have one device on there that doesn't exist anymore, but all I can do is 'disable' it from the geofencing status.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation