Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing with multiple devices - impossible configuration

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cjk79
Follower
Follower

I and my wife are both running iOS9.

I've read a large number of discussions about using geofencing with multiple devices and it sounds like the intention is for it to work exactly like one would expect: When all devices are "out of zone", the mode should be "away"; When any single device is "in zone", the mode should be "home". 

However, as shown in the screenshot below, I frequently get a combination that should be impossible. One phone in zone, the other out of zone, but the mode is "away".

I understand from other discussions that an issue may be that the app isn't running as it should in the background (hopefully something that gets fixed soon), but for me to see the screen below, it is clearly running on at least one phone, and therefore the active phone could appropriately set "home" vs. "away" based on the location of all phones. Understand there are reasons for the Beta tag next to this option, but it would be so cool if it actually worked as intended.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_5128.png

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cjk79,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again. Also be sure the app stays logged in and is running on the enabled devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Geofencing is still a beta feature. More updates improving this feature will come in the future. 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation