Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing and Wi-FI suggestion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ale87
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I bought 3 Arlo Pro bundle and separated Arlo Q. All on the cameras looks pretty good, nice image, sound, and motion detection (little laggy 4-6secs after a event).

The issue I am facing is with the Geofencing it is not accurate at the moment. I work from home and it is supposed to be dissarmed when I am at home and armed when I not at home, but I am getting false alarms in the whole day when it detects me and some times when I leave my home the system keep disarmed. My phone is a galaxy S8 and I always have enable the GPS since I bought this system (it hate it because it increase the battery consumption on my phone)

I think it could be great and really easily to include to a next update the options for geofecing using the GPS (currently) and/or Wi-FI connection under the same Wi-Fi as the cameras.

For example if we are in the same Wi-Fi (it is more acurrate and it is a simple conditional that already the android app does) and enable the system to armed when we are in a different wifi connection

Regars,

Ale

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While that seems simple enough, it may not be the answer. I have an August smart Lock that uses location and WiFi connection to determine home and away and the returning home part sucks. There may be more parts to the problem but the end result to the user is frustration.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation