Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where customers are experiencing login issues. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to resolve this issue.
×Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account. Please enable this feature now. Learn More.
We are experiencing an outage of our ReadyCloud service and are working to resolve the issue..
We are experiencing an outage of our Google service and are working to resolve the issue..
A few weeks ago when i updated to the latest version of the Arlo app and i noticed since then, about 50% of the time, there are intermittent issues.
The issues are :
1) when opening the app sometimes it gets stuck on the loading "getting status mode" and the app freezes, im forced to close the app process and reopen
2) The same freezing issue also occurs when switching between the 3 tabs at the top (Mode,Cameras,Library). It most frequently happens when i attempt to go to the library and view the videos - it never loads or gets stuck and again, the only way for me to fix is to end the process on my Android phone and re-open the app.
3) When viewing LIVE video or the videos in my library, there is constant buffering or lag . The video takes too long to load when clicking "view" under the "cameras" tab. This is a frequent issue that was absent before the update
4) Sometimes when viewing videos in the library i just get a black screen in the video box instead of the video shot.
5) Sporadically, i will get a notification that there is motion on my wireless cameras only to find out that the motion was caused by a camera glitch. In this case, the video shows the lighting of the camera to flicker and display a kind of rainbow color effect. This caused the camera to detect motion and record the occurrence. Other instances, there is a grainy effect when viewing videos (this is not that frequent).
*****One time i actually received an intrusive message on the app that had a "report" button and i didnt want to click the "report" option but there was no way to remove the pop-up. clicking the task manager button on my phone or even pressing the main menu/home button would not remove the Arlo pop-up error message. I even pressed the power button and re-entered my phone to only find the same intrusive message. i was forced to take out the battery of my phone to be able to use my phone and exit the Arlo Report message pop-up. << I hope that this can be fixed as users should not be forced or required to report these issues direclty from their device. That's why i come here 🙂 . << Has anyone else expereicned this?
This is all i can think of for now. I want to reiterate again that these issues started with the new app update. Before the update the camera system was flawless and I had no issues and used the app regularly.
I also want to add that some of these issues are dependent on a bad LTE connection through my cell phone connection. I completely understand that if there is a lack of internet/LTE connection that this would cause lag/buffering etc… But please don’t assume that is the only cause for these issues because it is not. Even when I have a good connection, I notice these issues occur.
I hope the team at Arlo will take this feedback and makes some improvements to the app
I setup the system on Monday along with installing the app on iphone. For 2 days I could watch videos through the app on my phone. Now the videos just buffer with out ever downloading. Nothing has changed with my system that I am aware of. Noticed this thread and I am having the same issues. My internet stregth is strong on both ends. At least as good as it was the first part of the week. Have tried to look at recorded video multiple times.
I can log on and see the library of videos. Would like to be able to view from the app.
For personalized support specific to the Arlo products you own, access Support from within the Arlo iOS or Android App. Simply login to your Arlo App, go to Settings, Support, then select the Arlo product you would like support for.