Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False alarms?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SuzieS
Follower
Follower

I have received two alerts when I wasn't home at different days/times from my camera that is inside positioned to capture motion if someone opens my door and walks in. In the video clips, I don't see any motion at all and I'm hoping it's caused by false alarms but I'm not sure what would trigger it. I have no pets and I keep my blinds closed. Does Arlo ever trigger and record for no reason?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SuzieS wrote:

Does Arlo ever trigger and record for no reason?

Well yes, I have seen the same thing... but it's not for no reason.

I've have one or two of my inside cameras trigger off and record but of course nothing was there like you said ( I do have another security system too )

What I've found from review is that the light from the sun coming in windows had changed a bit and/or reflected off an object in the house and caused the trigger.

Since for me it now a once in a while thing I don't worry  ( I did lower the sense by a few % too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SuzieS wrote:

Does Arlo ever trigger and record for no reason?

Well yes, I have seen the same thing... but it's not for no reason.

I've have one or two of my inside cameras trigger off and record but of course nothing was there like you said ( I do have another security system too )

What I've found from review is that the light from the sun coming in windows had changed a bit and/or reflected off an object in the house and caused the trigger.

Since for me it now a once in a while thing I don't worry  ( I did lower the sense by a few % too )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation