Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Just purchased a third Arlo Pro camera for our front yard and was wondering at which point will I run out of the free 1GB of cloud storage space. Is there any way to tell how much storage I've used at any given time? With car's driving by our house I tend to get quite a few activations. 

So far with just 2 camera's I've never maxed out. Just hoping that this third doesn't put me over the 1GB limit and force me to purchase the montly storage plan. Also, if I do max out the storage space, will it just start deleting older video dates first?

For the most part I really don't need 7 days of storage. If something happens that I need a copy of the video I'll usually know the day it happens. At that point I can easily download and save the video myself.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The space restriction is still there but not enforced. At this point, don't worry about it. Besides, what would be deleted would be the oldest videos so your strategy would be intact.
frenchfriesRgud
Aspirant
Aspirant
The space restriction is still there but not enforced. At this point, don't worry about it. Besides, what would be deleted would be the oldest videos so your strategy would be intact.

What do you mean not enforced? Does this mean that I can have unlimited recordings during the 7 day span? Thanks.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I'm guessing he meant that no one has reported losing video storage because of going over the 1GB limit. If this is true I'm sure at some point NetGear will be enforcing the limit. To much money to be made in selling storage plans.

I was just hoping there was a way to check current video storage sort of like how we check memerory storage on our phones. With having 3 outside camera's and 1 inside, I have no idea how much storage space I'm actually using. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We've been told that the 1GB limit simply isn't being enforced.  Who knows whether it will be reintroduced at some point?  At various times I've been well over the free 1GB limit (approaching 2GB) with no issues.  By the same token, I download all videos so even if it starts being enforced, I still have my videos stored locally.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I guess I figured out my own question assuming they start enforcing the 1GB rule at some point. The majority of my 30 second video's are around 2mb each, some slightly less, some slightly more.  

Based on a 2mb video average, I should be able to save 500 30 second video clips. With my 3 outdoor camera's I'm still way under that for a 7 day period.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation