Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email notifications won't shut off

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
moremnm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone having trouble with the email notifications or how to fix this issue? Dispite turning off all and every camera's email alerts and notifications on the Arlo site, I am still receiving email alerts. I've also made sure the Arlo notifications has been turned off on my phone; reset my router; reset my Arlo. I've tried to make these changes from my HP laptop, my Ipad, and my Iphone. No matter what, I continue to get the email alerts. I've had this system for about 3 months and there was never a problem with this issue until the last couple of weeks.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try toggling email notifications back on, save and then off and save again.  Sometimes that helps. Also, make sure you hit every mode you may use to ensure they're off.

moremnm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried turning off all, saving, signing out, in, resetting email notifications, resetting system, deleting camera, adding camera as new device, repeating all these steps and more signing in from my IPad, my HP laptop, resetting router, deleting my email address from the camera (it's only happening on the one camera that I had to replace the batteries on). The email address just regenerates in the email field and nothing else has worked. This is only one camera out of my 4 camera setup. The others all work as should but I've not had to replace the batteries on the others yet. 

Other than this issue, I'd recommend this camera system to anyone. I think it's awesome but I hate having 300+ emails to delete on a daily basis. There's a glitch somewhere or perhaps just within this camera as I've not seen anyone else with this issue. 

If Arlo can't offer a solution, then this system may go back.

Thanks for your efforts though.

Mnm

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like a trouble ticket for an RMA would be needed.  No need to return the whole system for one camera that's goofy.  Since you say you can return it, there's also the possibility of returning it for exchange.

moremnm
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does a trouble ticket work?
I guess I meant it would be an exchange as I love the system, only there was only one store in my area that had the 4 camera setup and I bought their last one. I was actually wanting to buy more cameras, and then this issue stared. I'm only thinking it started when I replaced the batteries but can't be positive that's when it began. 

Otherwise, I'd recommend this to anyone needing a nanny cam or security system. The clarity on the cameras is amazing! While testing the system upon setup, my camera recorded with absolute clarity, across my living room, through the window, across the street towards the home maybe a 100 yards away. 

Thanks again for your suggestions. 

Mnm

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

moremnm wrote:

How does a trouble ticket work?

You can contact Arlo support via web form, online chat or telephone (see http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx). Support will probably run a few troubleshooting steps and if they determine your camera needs replaced initiate the RMA process. Be prepared to provide proof of purchase.

You can also directly submit a trouble ticket on http://my.netgear.com.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

moremnm,

You stated above you've tried resetting the system, by that did you mean performing a factory reset (holding the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber)?

If you haven't done so, consider trying a factory reset, allow the base station to come back online and add it back to the account by clicking "add device" on the cameras screen.

If you are still seeing this behavior, consider contacting support as described above. Please let us know the results.

JamesC

dpsims
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system just started dioing the same thing (i have had it over six months never has been a problem) must be a glitch in the system, very frustrating. Thinking about returning my system.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

dpsims wrote:

My system just started dioing the same thing (i have had it over six months never has been a problem) must be a glitch in the system, very frustrating. Thinking about returning my system.

Where can you return your system after six months' usage?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dpsims,

Are you having this issue on multiple cameras or is it a single camera? Have you tried a factory reset as described above?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation