Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection Failure message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
epfaff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time I log on to my account from my PC and try to view live video, I get a Connection Failed" message.  I can view live from my iPhone and iPad.  Why can't I view live from the arlo website?

5 REPLIES 5
Hometheatremave
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with my Bitdefender program blocking a port.

I've had no success with either Chrome nor IE.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do a search for "bitdefender" in the Search for Answers box above.  There are suggested settings reported in the threads found.

Hometheatremave
Guide
Guide

jguerdat wrote:

Do a search for "bitdefender" in the Search for Answers box above.  There are suggested settings reported in the threads found.

Thanks so much. I entered "arlo.netgear.com" in the Whitelist under web protection and now it works.

epfaff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still not able to view live from a PC or Mac.  I have tried different browsers.  It is very frustrating.  I can view from my iPad and iPhone on the same browsers with no problems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try flushing the caches on the computer browsers and run them in safe mmode or a mode without extensions.  Maybe, just maybe, there's a common extension that's causing the problem?  Is there anything that's in common with both computers, such as antivirus/-malware software?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation