Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change to custom modes via IFTTT or Stringify

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dineshreds
Initiate
Initiate

I love the arlo pro, have a couple of those cameras and would like to make use of other smart devices in my hosue to create smart flows.

Currently when i try to use IFTTT or Stringify to connect my smart lock, thermostat and arlo cameras together, the only options i have for arlo are to arm, disarm or record. i cannot set the arlo to any of the custom modes i created, this defeats the purpose as i would like to still keep all my outdoor cameras active for most use cases, however dont want to deal with false positive recordings when i know i will be out.

Say i need to go to the front yard to pick up a package or go to my car and come back, i want to be able to disable the camera when my smart lock is opened for 4 mins and re-arm the cameras.

I want to be able to only arm and record from certian cameras depending on my settings or modes on my thermostat for example sleep mode on my thermostat to trigger the sleep mode (custom mode i created which has a subset of cameras armed) on my arlo cam.

This seems like it is an easy enough request. Can anyone help if this is possible or someone from the admin team look into it if this is not currently possible.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are discussions on this topic within the Arlo Idea Exchange. The Arlo development team routinely reviews these posts for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system.

I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

tomjohn
Guide
Guide

I went ahead and created this idea in the Arlo Idea Exchange: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Enable-Custom-Modes-from-IFTTT/idi-p/1260020#M59...

Please come chime in if this would still be useful to you!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation