Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot log in and cannot change password

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MarthaPark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the Arlo App for the iPad. I have selected "stay logged in" on my iPAd and my Phone. My housemate tried to log in on her iPad and it will. Not accept the password. I tried to reset the password and when I click on the link sent to my email address it just gives me links to download the app. It does not direct me on how to change the password. Why is it not accepting my password and second, why is it not letting me change my password. Please advise. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in this loop because you're on a mobile device.  Use of the link kicks off the browser which identifies itself as the mobile version so you get the intall the app page.  Many (most/all?) mobile browsers have a setting to request the desktop version, either by a menu selection in the browser itself or by a plugin. 

You choices, then, are two - 1) select the menu option in your browser to use the desktop version of the site or 2) use a computer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in this loop because you're on a mobile device.  Use of the link kicks off the browser which identifies itself as the mobile version so you get the intall the app page.  Many (most/all?) mobile browsers have a setting to request the desktop version, either by a menu selection in the browser itself or by a plugin. 

You choices, then, are two - 1) select the menu option in your browser to use the desktop version of the site or 2) use a computer.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To get to the desktop version of a website from an iOS 9 device, click the square with the arrow pointing up (at the bottom of the browser window), then click on "request desktop site" (you may need to scroll sideways to see this option).

Pugg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also could not login,  I finaly had to download an IP scanner, and found the IP for the R6400 via the Mac address.

Problem was as I restarted network after making a change, the IP would change Via DHCP, so the Scanner came up the the current IP and I went in and was able to set up the Wifi. This unit did not set up as easy as the directions stated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doesn't sound like you're referring to the Arlo system.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation