Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn on and off my system remotely

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
repeterepete
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I have owned my system (4 x Arlo (1 which has never worked) and 2 x Arlo Q), I always turn on the base station as I leave home each morning and turn the base station off when I get home each evening.

My question is: Can I turn on and off the base station from my mobile phone? I would prefer to do this.

Also, the 1 x arlo camera that has never worked, how can I get it fixed? The retaiuler who sold it to me cant help as they are over 2,000 km's from my home, I live in the desert in remote Australia.

Thank you,

David

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

repeterepete,

What behavior is the camera displaying that indicates it isn't working? You might consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to help investigate the issue further.

There is no feature to "turn off" the base station from the mobile app. This however isn't necessary. If your objective is to turn off the cameras, this can be done through the camera Settings (on/off privacy toggle) or by simply switching the camera mode to Disarmed.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And note that your camera batteries will deplete much more quickly since the cameras will continue to try to connect to the non-existent base when it's off.  Use Disarmed or the On/Off toggle in Settings.

repeterepete
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried your suggestion to turn off my cameras through  Settings.

"my Devices" then Five cameras one by one.

Thic takes at least 13 steps to turn the 5 cameras off, then 13 steps to again turn them on. When I simply turn off the base station, this is one step only.

The 26 steps to turn of and on my system takes over 2 annoying minutes, versus 2 seconds by turning off the base station.

Is is possible for you guys to design into your programming a way I can turn on and off all of my cameras with one simple click???

Thank you,

Annoyed customer, and I have friends that wont buy Arlo because of this issue.

Regards,

David THOMS

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that I also suggested using the Disarmed mode.  Use the Mode tab, click on your base and select Disarmed.  Don't forget to use Armed when you need to or use the schedule.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation