Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn off Push Notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
pcom
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't been able to find anything in Settings in either the Android app that lets me turn off Push Notifications. Is this possible?

11 REPLIES 11
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Pcom,

Which notification are you trying to turn off? E mail notification of motion? Low battery notification? Storage full notification?  Or something different?

dtorres30
Tutor
Tutor

turning off notifications happens on your device, depending on which version of Android you have...

Go to the device's Application Manager, and under the Arlo app settings you should see a checkbox for Notifications. Uncheck that.

This holds true for Android OS > 4.1, I believe.

These screenshots should help:

App manager.jpg

Arlo app settings.jpg

patbrust
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried the advise to turn off notifications. Mine only states active . There is no response to clicking active or notifications.
pcom
Initiate
Initiate

I suppose this is fine for the time being but it's counter to how other Android apps work and is not acceptable as a long term solution. I hope they consider revising this behavior.

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

pcom wrote:

I suppose this is fine for the time being but it's counter to how other Android apps work and is not acceptable as a long term solution. I hope they consider revising this behavior.

Pcom,

you should post your idea about this inside the  Arlo Idea Exchange

P-LEE
Tutor
Tutor

I agree the App notification is super annoying. I mean you can enable/disable email notification at the rules level for each individual camera, but you cannot do the same for app notification, that doesn't sound like a consistant behaviour. I do have camera that sits in baby's room as a baby monitor that triggers motion sensor every minute, and I also have camera on my backyard that monitors for suspecious acitivies, they will need to have seperate notification settings.

For now what I have to do is actually to "log off" on the app, then it becomes quiet.

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

P-LEE wrote:

I agree the App notification is super annoying. I mean you can enable/disable email notification at the rules level for each individual camera, but you cannot do the same for app notification, that doesn't sound like a consistant behaviour. I do have camera that sits in baby's room as a baby monitor that triggers motion sensor every minute, and I also have camera on my backyard that monitors for suspecious acitivies, they will need to have seperate notification settings.

For now what I have to do is actually to "log off" on the app, then it becomes quiet.

What device are you using? you should be able to turn off e mail and push notifications. 

P-LEE
Tutor
Tutor

I mean I know you can turn off email notification, but when it comes to push notification, it's not in the same place, it's inconsistant. It should be in the same place, per rule, not per app.

tshrimp
Star
Star

David_NG wrote:

P-LEE wrote:

What device are you using? you should be able to turn off e mail and push notifications. 

I think we woud like more control over our push notifications like we do with email.This needs to be at the rule level. I have cameras in high traffic areas that I would like to turn off notifications, but I have others in low traffic/more important areas, that I want notifications for. Having an all or nothing makes this very annoying. I hope they change this as of right now I have to disable all as I would be checking my phone non stop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the email notifications would be the only current way to do this. Turn off app notifications and rely soley on email.  I do think the ability to control app notifications more granularly would be quite useful - use the Submit Ideas button on the right side of a forum list to add kudos to an existing post or submit a new one.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What works for me better than pushes are converting the emails to text.... my phone makes it easy to pop up text over the push doing same.( and emails are per camera )

Is it perfect , no ( some have html extra junk not filtered )... but I do get them all the time. Then I jump over to the app if need be.

So, I add my phone number as a second email ( and I also get the regular email not on my phone ).

Follow your service format for conversion.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation