Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Scheduling, common by base unit?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jemanner
Follower
Follower

Please clear the confusion before I buy! Was just speaking with an Arlo user, and I am told all Arlo Wire-Free cameras connected to a common base unit must have the same schedule. Is this true? I wish my cameras to have different schedules. Is the solution to have multiple base units? As Arlo Q cameras do not require a base unit, can they assigned different schedules?

Nuke
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your information isn't accurate. You can set up multiple modes with rules that include or exclude cameras as you wish.  For instance, with 3 cameras, you could set one mode up with all 3, another mode with only one and yet another with two cameras.  You can then plce those individual modes in your schedule so the 3 camera mode is active at night, the one camera mode when you're in the house and the two camera mode for when you're at work.

The Q cameras MUST have separate schedules right now - you can't integrate them into the wireless modes (or, I believe, even with mutiple Q cameras).  You'd treat those essentially as a separate installation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your information isn't accurate. You can set up multiple modes with rules that include or exclude cameras as you wish.  For instance, with 3 cameras, you could set one mode up with all 3, another mode with only one and yet another with two cameras.  You can then plce those individual modes in your schedule so the 3 camera mode is active at night, the one camera mode when you're in the house and the two camera mode for when you're at work.

The Q cameras MUST have separate schedules right now - you can't integrate them into the wireless modes (or, I believe, even with mutiple Q cameras).  You'd treat those essentially as a separate installation.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation