Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery low alerts

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlogal
Guide
Guide
Bring back the battery low alerts. These were extremely helpful. It was easier to get the email than to constantly check the cameras when I mostly just look at the alerts coming in.
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlogal,

Please check to make sure that you have email alerts enabled for the affected camera. For instructions on how to enable email alerts, see here: How do I turn on/off email notifications?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC, he's referring to low battery notifications.  I have been getting low battery emails in the recent past.

Arlogal
Guide
Guide
I no longer get low battery notifications and it sucks! Not happy at all.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlogal,

Are you getting any notifications at all from Arlo? It's possible your email provider is blocking or filtering Arlo alert emails (motion detection alerts, low battery alerts etc.). Check you spam folder as well to make sure alerts are not being filtered.

JamesC

Arlogal
Guide
Guide

I was getting alerts and then they just stopped. I have checked spam and junk mail and have no battery alerts in them and I get other emails from arlo. I have alerts set up as text message not email. The battery alerts stopped about 3 motnhs ago

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Enable email notifications temporarily.  Do you get those emails?

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

I also received email notifications in the past when batteries were running low.  I have not seen an alert since Sept.

It seems to correlate around the time the update was pushed out.  

I also can no longer find the email notification general setting under my Arlo anymore.  No this is not the email notifcation setting within the mode I am talking about.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no other email notification setting other than in your rules.  The interface changed a lot almost a year ago - things were added/deleted/moved.  

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation