Bad app update - reports all batteries low

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just updated the Android app (as prompted every time I logged in!) and it now reports ALL camera batteries as low. The system is only three weeks old, so this is very unlikely to be correct.  Grrr,  I knew I shouldn't have updated a system that was working just fine! 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the percentages in Settings just to see if the bar display matches the percentages. Try opening and closing a battery door to see if that makes a difference. Try a power cycle of the base. And consider that the batteries actually need changing - it's possible.

Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now realised what's happening. When I log into start the Arlo app, it is almost always to change the mode, however by default it starts in the Cameras tab, and I usually tap on the Mode tab before it has finished getting the status of the cameras. While it is getting the status of the cameras it shows the battery as low, but because I go into Mode before it finishes getting the status of the cameras, all I usually see if the low battery icon. If I allow it to get the status of the cameras it shows them all as having full charge.

Showing the low battery icon until it has the status of the cameras must be a new feature of the app, because I don't recall seeing it before the recent app update. Perhaps it would be better not to show the battery icon until it actually knows what the status is 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Showing the low battery icon until it has the status of the cameras must be a new feature of the app, because I don't recall seeing it before the recent app update. 

Yes, the app show almost no battery level till it gets the real status from the cameras ( about 5 seconds )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey TomMac,

I wish it did take just 5 seconds. I just tried it three times, it took 8 seconds, 12 seconds and 10 seconds to get the status, but in normal use for me, in less than 5 seconds I have noticed the low battery icon and tappend the Mode tab, because as I said previously, when I go into the app, it is to change the mode. 

This is just a simple usability issue, the app should not report battery status until it knows what the battery status is.