Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloQ how do I create longer cliips rather than seeing so many short clips of incomplete events?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SeaTal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to have my ArloQ record events as longer than 10-14 second clips? I notice say a mailman walk up for 10 seconds then walk away for 10 seconds but I'd prefer the clip to be the entire motion sequence that trips the zone.  (For instance Dropcam or Flir FX and other cameras don't break down all these alerts to anywhere near as many small clips).

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
SeaTal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually I see I can set this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-amp-Rules/ta-p...

But if I change these from 10 seconds up to 120 seconds will it always record the full 2 minutes? Or does it stop based on if the motion ends?

As an aside the UI to learn where I can edit and that I must always edit is super confusing. I spent a long time trying to figure out that I could even modify this.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the time selected is the length of time all recordings will be.  you have infinite choice between 10 and 120 seconds - you're not limited to only those two.

SeaTal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I didn't phrase this correctly. When the motion begins if I set the time limit to say two minutes it seems to record the full two minutes even if the motion ends (as in the object leaves the zone and field of view).

To be specific here's an example of a car pulling up then leaving but the video recording is longer than when the car left.

You may be able to see this video here assuming I shared it correctly:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/1193CC56CF1D38CE

Thanks very much.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the correct way for recording tonwork. Whatever length you choose is what you get. You can shorten the time and allow motion to get a new video if motion continues. However, the motion still has to follow the guidelines for best detection. I happen to prefer a longer video to cover more than needed so detection isn't an ongoing issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation