Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo "Instructions" are running me in circles:

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Junebug1948
Follower
Follower

The instructions need to be rewritten.  They skip steps and are confusing.  It took me all of 10 minutes to set up the system, then 10 minutes to install the system, and now 5 hours trying to figure out the settings.... or is it "modes" I'm trying to figure out...?

1)  What is the difference between using the modes vs the Device Settings?  Is the motion controls in "Settings" just for testing?  -not clear.

2)  When I click "Modes," pg. 31 of your instructions says a "list of cameras displays" - it does not.  What appears is a list under "my devices" which shows "Armed," "Disarmed," "schedule," & "Geoconferencing."  I assume these are the "modes" referred to?

3)  The motion sensitivity... is 100% more sensitive?  then the little figure should be standing still- not running. If 100% is not more sensitive, then it should be the oposite, indicating less sensitivity.

4)  Here's my desired setup:

3 camers inside - 2 facing doors and one covering her Den. Then a fourth camera outside facing the patio door.  My elderly mother does not need to record inside, just let us check in on her through video.  But if she leaves, answers the doors, I want the camera to record on both the activated camera and the camera in her Den at the same time. But after I set up the rules, now no cameras are recording- obviously conflecting rules?

4) On my mobilr device, it has a red triangle under "device Infor" for a camera.  I click on "Device Info" and it takes me to a list of "Firmware 1.2.4941," Hardware H7" and Serial Number." I click through on Firmware and it shows 1.2.7730 (which I updated yesterday).

5) It acts like there is only one set of rules you can set up per camera.  So if I want it to record the patio whenever motion is detected on the patio, then I cannot then also have it record the Den because the patio was motion-detected. While not recoding the Den based upon motion only in the den?

6)

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Long one...here we go;

1) Modes are what cameras are set to do what and for how long. ( yes the motion controls in settings are for testing only ) All RULES are what the cameras do in the mode... exp RECORD for How long,  DETECT motion then record on what camera....etc

2)  When you click on MODE, you should see the default Mode of ARMED ( all on ) , DISARMED ( all off ), Schedule ( timed usage of Modes ), Geozone AND any other CUSTOM MODES you create ( which btw, you'll have to do )

3) Sense is higher number more sensitive

4) You'll need to create new Modes to do what you want. "But if she leaves, answers the doors, I want the camera to record on both the activated camera and the camera in her Den at the same time. "

First try not to edit the default modes so you can fall back to them

A) go to mode page, Click on ADD A MODE

B) Call it something so u know what it does... FRONT DOOR

C) Next page you PICK the camera you want to record to;  Cam 1 ( obv use the right cams )

D) Make sure Motion is checked and then next

E) Set sense level ... good starting point is about 85%...Next

F) Pick Cam 1 to record TO

G) Pick RECORD Video, next

H) set TIME to record, check PUSH if wanted for IOS/ANDROID and add in you email for an alert..next

I) check all over and if what yyou want hit SAVE

J) the New MODE should now be in your list named FRONT DOOR

to add second camera

Go to the mode FRONT and click the edit pencil

repeat most of the above for the second camera 2  ... yes, Cam1 can trigger record on CAM 1 AND Cam2 if wanted... this would give mutli cameras recording from one trigger. You can go back and add as many cameras as you want to the Mode FRONT with edit

Hopefully that enough info with the following noted....

ONLY 1 MODE can run at a time

Any camera NOT in the running Mode WILL BE OFF

Hope this helps

Tom

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation