Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo motion detection range?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Elzeyhome
Follower
Follower

my arlo camera only detects when someone is walking infront of the camera only 10-15 feet. We have had the camera set up for a couple of days and it hasnt detected once me or my husband walking to our cars or to the mailbox and will not send an alert when a car pulls into our driveway. i have set the motion detector from 50%, 80% up to 100% and still nothing. please help me understand why the camera isnt picking up on the motion of the cars as well as people walking infront of it past 10-15 feet. also the camer seems to detect motion slowly. if my dog runs by it only detects the Last bit of her walking past. thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PIR sensor has a max range of about 20 ft for people as it reacts to IR and reflection of same.

it also is more sensitive on the edges of the sensor so cross motion is detected better.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Delaughter68
Initiate
Initiate
I agree with you and not very happy it doesn't pick up better than it does.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Delaughter68,

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation