Arlo app keeps saying "check internet connectivity"

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone recently updated to the latest version of android (7.0). It's a Samsung Galaxy S7. Now I constantly get a notification that says " you are not connected to the internet, please check internet connection." I know my phone is connected because I can use Chrome and other web-based apps. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and also reseting the phone. Neither of those worked. 

I've seen other posts about this problem, but they are over a year old. Has there been any progress or new developments?

26 REPLIES 26
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should work with android v7.... there are a number running that version on the S7

( those older threads wer related to older versions of android OS and Kindles at times )

I would un-install the app and then re-install it to make sure all is well

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
djsassan
Star
Star

I have had this message on my notifications for a month now.  It is driving me f'ing nuts, as it just comes and goes, all the meanwhile I am completely online and connected to the internet.   I can view the cameras in live condition, despite have the notification of not being online.

Arlo "support" has had the ticket for over a month now.  They have the MOST useless, iditioc, imbecile, dysfunctional group of morons I have ever dealt with in my life.  Answering the same question over and over and over and over (what type of phone, what OS, etc, REPEATEDLY).  I called in to the help line, at least 10 times now as I have lost count, but I know for a fact I have been hung up on 6 times, including by a "supervisor." 

My situation has gotten worse.  Now my system arms and disarms itself randomly, CONSTANTLY goes off, etc.  I am beyond lost with this.

Point being, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, reset the base station, completely wipe the system and started over, etc and I have gotten nowhere.  The "Level 3 engineers" have had the ticket for 10 days now, and no resolution.  

I wouldn't get your hopes up on a quick solution. I have a call in to corporate Netgear over the matter, as I now have a system which is essentially worthless.  I posted a month ago that this is a widespred problem after a quick google search, but people told I was wrong.  Sadly, more and more people are having the issue now. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djsassan,

I would like to take a look at your support case. Please provide me with the case number that you have open with support and I will review your case and offer any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried that before..

Just tried it again, it worked for a couple hours. But now the notification is back 😕
Cgbarlow
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem. Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2 with Arlo VMB3000. Any progress on the case?
djsassan
Star
Star
Here is my case # 28262073

Dont look at this for me, look at it for ALL of us that are having this ridiculous issue.
Cgbarlow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear please escalate this case as a bug affecting multiple customers
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

It should work with android v7.... there are a number running that version on the S7

( those older threads wer related to older versions of android OS and Kindles at times )

I would un-install the app and then re-install it to make sure all is well

I have tried that already.. it fixed the problem for a couple hours but the notification is back (and has been back for several days).

Also Geo-fencing is not working like it used to.. it is constantly switching from home to away. I have my GPS settings on the most accurate possible, and the fence is set on the largest/widest setting...

djsassan
Star
Star

I like this product.  It served it's purpose until it stopped working, and support has been zero help.

Sadly, I am going to have to take this to the next level.  

Cgbarlow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Please post your progress in escalating back to the forum dude. 

djsassan
Star
Star

This is a flawed product with no support. The product does not work as advertised. The support team has failed to provide any sort of resolution.

Good luck finding any emails to people at Netgear other than a couple of generic ones i.e. sales@netgear, etc. The CEO's email is listed, but several emails to him have gone unresponded.

I did get a comment back of being dent from from the executive team and looking into my issue. Three days later, no response again.

I just want my money back, along with the money i spent on thirs party accessories. I have given Netgear ample opportunitty to respond.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djsassan,

Your case has been escalated to the highest level and the engineering team is actively investigating the issue. Please refer to your open support case for additional updates.

I will also post any new information as soon as I can on this issue.

JamesC

Cgbarlow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James

I'm sure I echo djsassan and everyone else having this problem in thanking Netgear for taking this issue seriously.

I can't vouch for anyone else but as a technical person I personally would appreciate some detail as to the cause of the issue and what is being done to address it?

Is this bug in the arlo software? Is this limited to specific versions of android for example? What can you tell us? Can we help in any way? Geofencing is still problematic.
JohnnyLightning
Initiate
Initiate

James, I have the same phone and the same story.  Geofencing and the app used to work perfectly.  I updated to android 7.0 and now get the "your not connected message".  Thank you for reporting your struggle here.  I have talked with Netgear in the past and find them infuriating to say the least.  I just have not been up to suffering through another ordeal.  Thank you for taking the initiative and reporting your struggle. 

spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Thanks for everything you're doing/have done to help us out. Cooperation and communication are key to solving this (and every) issue.

I'd be happy to talk to the engineers and give them more information should they need it, or help in any way possible. Just let me know!

FreeCake
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  It says it isn't connected to the internet but everything is working fine.  Fortunatly I am still within my 30 day return window.  So I will probably just return it.

djsassan
Star
Star

4/20 update:

Recevied a call on 4/19 from "Paula" stating that she was from an executive team and responding to my complaint.  She stated that the L3 engineers, "the highest engineering group" has my case and is working on it.  She promised a call back.  I thanked her, but also expressed some serious frustrations that this has been going on for so long.

Received a call today, 4/20 following up to tell me that the engineers have the case.

Thanks James for pushing this.  As you can see, this is far from an isolated issue.  

djsassan
Star
Star

Paula called me on 4/21 to tell me the issue is with engineers and being worked on.  Someone responded to my BBB case, stating the exact same thing.

Meanwhile, going on month number two of a faulty system with no resolution in sight  

Highly losing patience here.......

spitzfyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

djassan, 

Sometimes these technical things take time.. Have you ever coded anything/built a program? It's not easy, one misplaced punctuation mark can mess the whole thing up.

As you've stated above, Netgear customer reps have called you 3 days in a row to keep you posted on what's happening. I obviously don't have as much experience with them in the past as you have, but it seems to me that they are now trying their best. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that negativity isn't helpful at this point. Netgear has your case, they seem to be trying their best, and you've made your disappointment VERY clear. All that can happen going forward is hopefully the engineers find the problem promptly, and closes your case accordingly.

You told me in your very first post not to get my hopes up for a quick solution. Honestly, I don't care how long it takes, as long as it's done right. In my field of work, a motto we stand by is "Good quality is more memorable to a customer than turn times." 

James: This was a GREAT system for me (it still is, it still works fine), it's just inconvenient to have the notification go in and out, and geofencing work intermittently. I appreciate your help in escalating the problem, and I hope they find it quickly! 🙂

FreeCake
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no answer.  But my camera is still waking me up at 3am to tell me it doesn't have internet.  I guess I have to return it.  I am glad I am still in the return window.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those of you experiencing this issue. Do you have GPS enabled on your device? Does this issue occur regardless if GPS is enabled or not?

JamesC

JohnnyLightning
Initiate
Initiate

It happens with the GPS enabled.  I am not sure if it will still do it when it is disabled.  Mine worked perfect before nougat.  I THINK nougat must put something to sleep.

FreeCake
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have the GPS turned on.  It allows the geofencing to work.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation