Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor

Recently, Ive noticed that when I get a notification alert about motion detection from one of my Arlo cameras and press on it to open the Arlo app, the app hangs on startup. By 'hang' I mean that it will start to open by showing the optline of the Arlo window, but nothing appears in the frame. I have to then force the app to close to continue using my phone.

Is anyone else experiencing unusual Arlo app behavior on Android 7.0?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and clear the cache of the app ( app settings) , then power reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work, then I'd uninstall and reinstall the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SpartacusJones,

Did reinstalling the app as suggested above resolve the issue?

Please let us know,

JamesC

SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Short answer is No. The program still hangs (not all the time) enough that I cross my fingers every time I try to open it in response to an alert. What makes it a real problem is that the vehicle phone locks up for a while. I've tried a number of different things to get past this, but I think I'm going to turn the notification off and rely on an email and see if that works any better.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect there are issues with the app and Android 7.  While I haven't had it freeze, I have an open case about viewing the latest video in the library (I don't have to actually watch it, just click on it) and then swipe to the previous video - the app crashes.  I just tried again with the latest app update that appeared last night (with Arlo Pro support) and it does the same thing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SpartacusJones,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC