Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app crashing

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
diannenet
Star
Star

Every time I open the Arlo app I downloaded from iTunes when I try to view "live" it crashes and closes.  I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling the app to no avail.  I am using the iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2 and they are both up to date.  I do recall updating the Arlo app the other day so I'm wondering if that is why I can't view live.  Is anyone else having this issue?

I am able to go to my library but it keeps showing me no recordings on any of the cameras.

Very frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the devices.

diannenet
Star
Star

I tried restarting both devices.   That didn't help.   😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Does this happen with a browser?
diannenet
Star
Star

No, it doesn't crash on a web browser and strangely enough, when I got home from work, my iPhone and iPad didn't crash.  They both opened.  But I shouldn't have to be on our wi-fi network for it to work.  And I do know that if you are logged in on one device, when you try to open the app on another device, it logs you out of the previous one.  So I checked my desktop computer here at home to make sure I wasn't logged in and I wasn't.

Now the cameras are recording, but the number of videos it records isn't showing up now.  Should I do an entire reset to my system?  We also have one camera that isn't recording at all (and yes, it had been previously synced with the base unit.)

If I could get a phone number for technical support I would be calling them tomorrow!  Anyone have a phone number?

jguerdat wrote:
Does this happen with a browser?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the links on this page for support?  At the bottom is a Contact Support link that gives you all the options.

I've had issues recently where the app seems to hang waiting for something so the page can display.  Exiting out of the app (not logging out but that should work, too) seems to help.  I don't know if it's something to do with the app or some delay someplace in communications with the servers.

It may well be that a full reset of your system, starting fresh, will be the ultimate fix.

diannenet
Star
Star

to sound like the dumb blonde but what links on this page are you referring to?

jguerdat wrote:

Have you tried the links on this page for support?  At the bottom is a Contact Support link that gives you all the options.

I've had issues recently where the app seems to hang waiting for something so the page can display.  Exiting out of the app (not logging out but that should work, too) seems to help.  I don't know if it's something to do with the app or some delay someplace in communications with the servers.

It may well be that a full reset of your system, starting fresh, will be the ultimate fix.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

diannenet wrote:

to sound like the dumb blonde but what links on this page are you referring to?

jguerdat wrote:

Right as you quoted.  Scroll down to the bottom of these pages and there's a big green Contact Support button/link to click on. There are various options listed as you scroll there.

Edit - guess I should have asked if you're using the mobile site.  If so, use this:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

I tend to use the desktop version for most things so what's obvious to me isn't for someone on the mobile version.

diannenet
Star
Star

I have used the links you asked me about.  I contacted them via chat last night and called them tonight and they are telling me this is the first time they have heard of the app not working on the iPhone.  Which is not true because I saw in 2015 a couple of posts regarding the iPhone 6S having issues with their app.

They have "escalated" my issue and will get back to me within 24-48 hours.  The lady (probably in India as she had a heavy accent) said the engineers are looking into it.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all your quick responses!

diannenet
Star
Star

I have figured out the solution to my original issue on my own (Arlo was no help at all.)  While at work I was signed on to the company's WiFi and every time I would try to log into Arlo, it would "crash" (flash on my screen and close.)

So I decided to turn off WiFi and use LTE on my iPhone 6S and iPad Air2.  The Arlo app works fine.  So as long as I stay off WiFi any place other than at home, the Arlo app works.  Not sure I understand why but I resolved my own issue.

Thanks everyone for all your responses.  I'm new here and the community support and responses is phenomenal!

Dianne

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation