Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro turn motion detection off for individual cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ThievesSuck
Follower
Follower

I have been unable to find a way to turn motion sensors off for individual cameras. It seems that for motion detection it's either all the cameras or none of them.  I have 2 outdoor cameras and 2 indoor.  I would like to be able to turn off motion detector for the indoor cameras on those days that the entire family is home, but leave the motion detection on the outdoor cameras all the time.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to create 2 custom modes to split the cams up

ps search is your friend

How do I create a mode for my Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?
To create a mode:
Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
Tap or click Mode.
Tap or click the device for which you want to create a mode.
Tap or click Add a Mode.
Enter a name for the mode and tap or click Next.
The Trigger Device page displays.
Tap or click a device to select it and then tap or click Next.
Note: If you have just one device synced with your base station, your device is preselected.
If you want the selected device to perform an action when motion or audio is detected, tap or click Next.
Otherwise, clear the check box for the trigger that you do not want to use.
If you selected motion as a trigger, set the Motion Sensitivity using the slider and tap or click Next.
Note: If you’re not sure what sensitivity to use, you can use the motion detection test after you finish creating the mode. For more information about the motion detection test, see How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro cameras?.
If you selected audio as a trigger, set the Audio Detection Sensitivity using the slider and click or tap Next.
When prompted, specify what you want your device to do when motion or audio is detected.
Note: You can select Record video or Do nothing.
If you are using an Arlo Pro base station and you want to turn on the base station siren when the device detects motion or sound, select the Turn Siren ON check box.
If you selected Record video, use the slider to specify how long you want your device to record when motion or audio is detected and tap or click Next.
If you selected Turn Siren ON, set the sliders for Siren Duration and Siren Loudness and tap or click Next.
Note: The base station siren is very loud. Prolonged exposure to the siren might cause permanent hearing loss. Use caution when creating siren triggers.
Select the notifications that you want to receive and tap or click Next.
If you selected Email Alerts, enter the email addresses that you want to receive alerts and tap or click Next.
Review the summary of your settings and tap or click Save.
Your new mode is saved. You can now select it from the mode menu.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to create 2 custom modes to split the cams up

ps search is your friend

How do I create a mode for my Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?
To create a mode:
Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
Tap or click Mode.
Tap or click the device for which you want to create a mode.
Tap or click Add a Mode.
Enter a name for the mode and tap or click Next.
The Trigger Device page displays.
Tap or click a device to select it and then tap or click Next.
Note: If you have just one device synced with your base station, your device is preselected.
If you want the selected device to perform an action when motion or audio is detected, tap or click Next.
Otherwise, clear the check box for the trigger that you do not want to use.
If you selected motion as a trigger, set the Motion Sensitivity using the slider and tap or click Next.
Note: If you’re not sure what sensitivity to use, you can use the motion detection test after you finish creating the mode. For more information about the motion detection test, see How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro cameras?.
If you selected audio as a trigger, set the Audio Detection Sensitivity using the slider and click or tap Next.
When prompted, specify what you want your device to do when motion or audio is detected.
Note: You can select Record video or Do nothing.
If you are using an Arlo Pro base station and you want to turn on the base station siren when the device detects motion or sound, select the Turn Siren ON check box.
If you selected Record video, use the slider to specify how long you want your device to record when motion or audio is detected and tap or click Next.
If you selected Turn Siren ON, set the sliders for Siren Duration and Siren Loudness and tap or click Next.
Note: The base station siren is very loud. Prolonged exposure to the siren might cause permanent hearing loss. Use caution when creating siren triggers.
Select the notifications that you want to receive and tap or click Next.
If you selected Email Alerts, enter the email addresses that you want to receive alerts and tap or click Next.
Review the summary of your settings and tap or click Save.
Your new mode is saved. You can now select it from the mode menu.

Morse is faster than texting!
Need
Aspirant
Aspirant
I followed all the steps until the last couldn't save because it wasn't highlighted.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you select Do Nothing as the action?  That could be the reason since there's no need for the mode or rule to be generated.

Need
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the trigger mode it show has to choose either motion/audio, i can't ucheck both.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Later on in the process is the Record Settings. Did you select Do Nothing?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation