Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro individual settings

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DDiamond
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Pro with base (4 cameras) and the Arlo Q. I can set up individual Armed/Disarmed settings for the Q (I have 3) but cannot seem to do individual camera settings with the Pro, through the base it is either armed or disarmed for all Arlo Pro Camera's as a group.  I would like to set the front door to armed and then the rest on a schedule, is there a way to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's simply a matter of modes and rules.  Create new modes and include rules for whatever cameras you want active at a particular time (don't worry about the time yet - that's for the schedule).  Note that only one camera will get a rule when you first create a mode so save and reedit the mode to add rules for additional cameras.  Thus, you would create at least two modes:

Mode 1 - all cameras have rules

Mode 2 - only the front door camera has a rule

Now, schedule the modes as appropriate.  Since the front door camera always has a rule regardless of the mode, it will always be armed.

Try not to use/modify the default Armed mode since not everything can be changed and it's worth keeping around for troubleshooting and testing.

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

He's wanting to run an overlapping schedule and that doesn't appear to work properly.

Example: If you have one front door schedule for all day Monday, then add a second 8 hour schedule on the same day, it will break up the first schedule and you'll lose the 8 hour block.

DDiamond
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under Mode for Base, I have the preset Armed, Disarmed, Schedule and Geofencing. I have set up additional Modes for Front Door and Backyard, but I am only allowed to click on one mode at a time, I cannot select Front Door (armed) and Schedule or Geofencing at the same time for the other cameras, it’s one or the other.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly right. That's why I suggested the modes I did above. Only one mode at a time is schedule-able. Having a mode with all cameras and another with just tn front door camera allows you to set the schedule properly. Midnight to 7AM for all camera mode, 7AM to 7PM for just the front camera mode. And finally 7PM to midnight for the all camera mode.

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

The way I interpet the OP is that he wants the front door armed 24/7 and a schedule for the rest which is an overlapping schedule. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And the only way to do that is you use at least two modes. Each one will have the front door camera in it but varying numbers (0-whatever) for the other cameras. You can't overlap modes in the schedule so you have to use a mode with the proper cameras in it for each timeframe.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation