Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera: Motion Detection and recording and live view

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
crumhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I currently have the basic/ oldschool vuezone cameras and am thinking about upgrading to the arlo system. One thing that bugs me about the current setup is that if an event is recording on a camera, it is basically inaccessible. I have to wait for the camera to stop recording to see the live image. I would be nice to override the recording see exactly who is breaking into my house instead of having to wait to see the recording Man Wink  

Has this been corrected , updated in the Arlo system?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, live view supercedes the recording and will halt that recording.  The portion already recorded should show up in your library, just truncated.  While using LV, you can initiate a recording or snapshot manually and still be able to see the live view stream.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Huevosgigantes1
Star
Star
Unfortunately, Arlo, does not allow, at this time, simultaneous viewing and recording.
Throughout the day, sometimes, as I'm deleting videos, a camera is triggered, it records, and then I notice the new recording in my "library,"
One can view "live," but doing so renders camera recordings inoperative until one stops viewing "live," then, the system restores existing settings, and recordings can, again, commence upon triggers.
Huevosgigantes1
Star
Star
A work around, albeit an expensive one, might be to purchase several cameras, focused on the most likely entry point(s) positioned both on the outside, as well as the inside, of the home/office...and then, you might be able to view live on a camera, while capturing the thieving s.o.b. on video on another.
crumhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

So does the Live view superseed the recording?. That is, if it is recording, can I click "Play" to see the live view of the Camera to stop recording and see a live view?

Thanks

Greg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, live view supercedes the recording and will halt that recording.  The portion already recorded should show up in your library, just truncated.  While using LV, you can initiate a recording or snapshot manually and still be able to see the live view stream.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation