Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android App - Mode not selectable, app stopps when selecting the camera

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Daniel173
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I just installed system and app for the first time. 

When I go to "Mode" inside the app, I see the router grey-ish with a status info 'getting status...'. This status does not change after hours. I have no option to change the status or to set-up any schedule.

I already re-booted the router, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone in-between.

Second issue:

when I go to 'settings', 'My Devices' (where I see the router in the same 'Getting status....' mode), klick on the camera, then the app stopps completely 'Unfortunately, Arlo has stopped'. 

I'm using Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus phone.

All other functions seem to work.

I also use an iPad and installed the Arlo app there as well. No issue at all.

It's only the Android version not running properly.

Thanks in advance for your support.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure it will help with the latest updates but one thing that occasionally helped before was to log out and back in.  Your steps of reinstalling the app, rebooting, etc. would seem to make this a duplicate attempt but it's worth trying. Also, try switching between 3/4G and WiFi to see if that makes a difference.  I have a Nexus 6 with 6.0.1 and don't have the problem.

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I installed last night (dec 30 2015) and the exact same issues occured.  Cannot get back into MODE section and it remains busy.  I am using samsung galaxy s5. 

Check to see if your schedule can be set properly.  I cannot set a start time before 12am and the system decides that I want perpetual monitoring mon through friday even though I set it for 12 am to 8 am.

No push notifications either.  Just email notifications are funcitoning

D

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update.  I logged in online through my PC and adjusted the schedule.  It accepted what i entered and the app registered it as well.  lets see

Daniel173
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried again after there was a camera firmware update and now it works. So my post from before is obsolete, please disregard. Thanks and happy 2016!!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Good to hear... i do think there are going to be a few more bumps along the way for the next week +

Always a few fixes found with s/w and apps after release due to the large variables of devices and OSs

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I read that there are firmware updates.  Does the system do it automatically or is it a manual process?

Daniel173
Aspirant
Aspirant

It launched automatically.

Jens80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ! Just got my system installed. I have the same problem, cant open "settings/devices/camera", app crashes Every time. I'm on Android 5.0 on a Samsung S5. Do I just have to wait for the firmware to update by it self ?
Daniel173
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jens, like you, I just installed it for the first time, so I'm not yet very experienced. But I would recommend that you switch it all off, uninstall the app and then reinstall the whole system as if it was just unpacked. I assume that such a procedure would force a software version check and a software update in case it does not come automatically to you. The version I have installed is 2.0.0.724_11294 from Dec. 27th (settings ---> system ---> about). I hope this helps, good luck!!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation