Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 53 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,

Arlo APP does not show any Videos in the library (IOS) anyone any clue what that could be ?

greetings,

53 REPLIES 53
musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, videos show up just fine on the web but nothing in the iOS app since yesterday. Have already tried everything suggest here but nothing has worked for me. Emailed customer support last night as well but haven't heard back yet. Anyone has any suggestions? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure there are no filters set in the library tab.  If the funnel-looking thing is green/filled, a filter is set.  Click on the icon, use the reset filter selection and save.

musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the filters multiple times. I heard back from Arlo support yesterday, they mentioned that I need to clear my app cache, doing that didn't work either. I have the Arlo app installed on 4 iPhones and 1 iPad, they all have the same problem. After hearing back from Arlo support I installed the Arlo app on a second iPad and an Android phone, both devices I had never used with Arlo before. On the iPad I had the same problem, but the videos showed up just fine on the Android phone. Makes me feel there is something wrong with the iOS app. 

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

Yes, I am having the same problem, I think it began with the 10/11/16 update for iOS/iPhone to version 2.2.0.  The clips are created and are viewable online, but the app library shows weird blank placeholders that cannot be selected.  These look like:

--:-- --

-:--

---

I have submitted a ticket to support as well.  We'll see what they say.

musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am seeing the exact same placeholders but my problem started a day before 2.2.0 update. I believe 2.2.0 was released yesterday (10/12/2016), my problem started on 10/11/2016.
arlouser3
Guide
Guide

I should have mentioned I'm using SmartThings to trigger the recording.

musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here.
arlouser3
Guide
Guide

If I do a manual recording from live view, from the Arlo app, then the Arlo app library shows the manual clip properly---and the weird placeholders for today's SmartThings-triggered clips disappear.  I can see both the ST-triggered clips and the manual clip through the Arlo website.  Therefore, there seems to be a very recent (last few days) problem with how the Arlo app displays SmartThings-triggered clips specifically.  No ST software or firmware has updated in the last few days.  Only the Arlo app updated.  So I think something in the most recent iOS Arlo app update introduced a problem with how the Arlo app library displays SmartThings-triggered clips.

musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am seeing the exact same thing you are. I just heard back from arlo support. They asked me to install the app on a device running an older version of iOS. I installed it on 2 iPads, one running iOS 8 and the other running iOS 9. Same issue on both. I am pretty confident now that the problem is either in the iOS app or arlo servers, there's nothing wrong on my end. I can see all the videos on the website and the android app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to open a case.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlouser3, musiddiqui

I would like to take a closer look at the issue you are describing. If you could, please provide the case numbers you have open with the support team.

Thank you,

JamesC

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

My support case number is 27536066 with support person Mary Jean with Expert ID 46379.

CrazyTown
Guide
Guide

Same problem here, iphone 6s/ipad air (1gen) both ios 10. 

musiddiqui
Aspirant
Aspirant

My case # is 27528662

Thanks

CrazyTown
Guide
Guide

My case # is 27554723. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the case numbers. I will investigate this issue further and post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Postalant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received my Pro's in today and set 2 of them up for the Driveway monitoring. Prior to connecting to SmartThings the clips were properly generating and playing within the Arlo app.... Following the connection to SmartThings clips are just showing the placeholder as described in prior posts.

Currently I still can open the Arlo app and connect to the camera to play a live feed, the recording of this feed works without flaw as long as it is within that "closed" circuit.

I should also mention that I am running it on both an iPhone 7 on OS 10.0.2 as well as an iPad on OS 10.  I am pretty confident that this issue is more tied to the Samsung/Netgear tie in then necessarily the OS based on how flawlessly it was working prior to the intergration I did today.  And yes, I updated my base and cameras as they installed today.

Need help, 

Anthony

Postalant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got my Support ticket number for this, 27564589

Hoping you guys can get to the bottom of this issue, thanks in advance.

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

Just checked in to my support ticket to keep it open, and posting here to continue centralizing information.  According to users on the forum, the following 4 support tickets all concern this identical problem where the Arlo iOS app library lists non-selectable placeholders for clips generated through SmartThings or IFTTT, although those clips are properly created and viewable through the Arlo website or the Arlo Android app:  27564589 (user Postalant), 27554723 (user CrazyTown), 27528662 (user musiddiqui), and 27536066 (which is me, user name arlouser3).  In addition, user mattih52002 reports this identical problem.

There are at least two forum threads discussing this problem:
(1)  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Arlo-APP-does-not-show-any-Videos-in-the-library-IOS/m-p/1...
(2)  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/iOS-app-library-does-not-display-SmartThings-generated-cli...

I have not had any news.  I would encourage anyone with this issue to open a support ticket and post the ticket number here.

Postalant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Postalant
Aspirant
Aspirant
FYI all, as a temp solution and trust me it sucks, I changed the rules within the app back to alarmed mode. That has allowed the app to show what is recorded once more but obviously it defeats the entire purpose of using SmartThings for rules and everything else.

Also...Just got a response on my ticket:

Hello Anthony,

In behalf of Mary Jean, thank you for the information you have provided.

As I have checked your concern with the team, it appears that we really have an issue with integrating SmartThings on iOS devices. Our Engineering team and SmartThings are already aware of this and are working towards its resolution.

With that, please allow us to get back to you as soon as we receive an update from them.

There is no additional action needed from you at this time. The case will be updated and you will be notified.

Thanks for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day!

Regards,

Jo Ann
Expert ID: 46279
NETGEAR Support Expert
CrazyTown
Guide
Guide
Just got this from netgear support:

"Hi Ole,

Thank you for your response.

We are already aware of this matter and it's been reported to our Eng'g department. For now we don't have any update but as soon as we have one, we will let you know.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for choosing NETGEAR.

Regards,

Fahad
Expert ID 46229
NETGEAR Support Expert"

I really hope a fix will come soon.
maxxomus
Tutor
Tutor

Just to clarify it is NOT tha ARLO APP causing issues

It IS the latest IOS from APPLE that has blocked ( using a nice term  there ) lol 😉

Anyway just try IF you can downgrade software on your iPhone IOS and I know fine well it will work

All my apple iPhones worked with the latest Arlo App UNTIL I UPGRADED my IOS to the latest firmware from apple

If you can NOT downgrade tey using a previous Arlo App "as I had too" early last year and it worked great

Hope this helps if not just my 10 cents 🙌

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

It's good that you're not seeing this problem.  For others, though, it seems to occur across all versions of both the Arlo app and iOS.

I tried the previous version of the Arlo app on an iPhone running iOS 9 and ran into the identical problem as with the 2.2.0 version of the Arlo app on an iPhone running iOS 10.

User musiddiqi earlier in this thread said he tried the current Arlo app on an iPad running iOS 8, and another iPad running iOS 9, and had the same problem on both.

CrazyTown
Guide
Guide

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with iOS version nor which Arlo app version one is running. I just tested this a minute ago using my old iphone 5 running ios 9.3.2 and an older version of the arlo app. I am experiencing Exactly the same issues with IFTTT triggered recordings using this phone.