Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow rules for motion detection and schedule recording in the same mode

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
casper9320
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to have my camera record video on motion detection as well as record at scheduled times of the day. Currently the app only allows you to select a single mode and there is no way to have multiple rules within a single mode. Has anyone else found a way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the same place as you choose your mode (Mode tab) is a schedule.  Add your modes to the appropriate times so they switch automatically.

casper9320
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Add your modes to the appropriate times so they switch automatically." It is not clear what you mean by this.

In the mode tab you can only select one mode at a time, either schedule recordings or motion activated, not both.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's correct. The schedule isn't a mode, it's how you schedule your modes to run automatically.  Set up as many modes as you need and then schedule them.  There are FAQs here on how to create modes as well as how to use them in your schedule.

casper9320
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I understand how to schedule different modes now. Is it possible to create a mode where the camera records without having to be triggered by motion or audio? I would like to record at certain times of the day regardless if motion or audio is triggered.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at this time.  I don't know if you could possibly use IFTTT or SmartThings to cause this to happen - kinda doubt it.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation