Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mvista2110
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Ever since I swtiched from VueZone cameras to ARLO we have noticed that our cameras don't actually pick up movement until the person is almost out of the camera screen. For instance, we have a dog walker come through our side gate whenever we are at work. ARLO sends us a message that a recording has been activated but when we look to see the recording we sometimes catch the last moment she is in the view of the camera but mostly we get nothing at all. Its like there is a delay between when the camera is motion triggered and when the video actually starts recording. Sometimes we never see anything on the video recording but when we check the "live" viewing we see her in our yard gathering our dogs. The same thing goes for our front door. We get a video recording alert but no one is recorded dropping off packages...yet we see a package was delivered...we just never get a recording of the person dropping off the package. Its like they magically appear on our doorstep. Vuezone never had this problem. What can we do to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about positioning.  I can't comment on how the VueZone cameras worked but these need to have motion across the FOV, perhaps starting near and edge. Also, minimize the view of the camera - don't try to get the whole scene but just where motion should be detected.  

Maybe a screenshot would be useful for more specific suggestions.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mvista2110 wrote:. We get a video recording alert but no one is recorded dropping off packages...yet we see a package was delivered...we just never get a recording of the person dropping off the package. Its like they magically appear on our doorstep. Vuezone never had this problem. What can we do to fix it?

I had Vuezones too, and they did resond quicker but the pics were not nearly as good.

There also is the slight recording delay to startup... To fix this problem, I placed a camera facing my front door( instead of at the door ) where the subject enters the FOV and after a sec or so it  starts to record... I always then get the person a few feet from the door and walking back into camera

It is a trial and error placement

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation