Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 cameras, 2 schedules Is that possible?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Reggie36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a 2 camera Arlo system. The initial setup went very smoothly but I am left somewhat baffled by the modes, rules and scheduling process. I want to put each camera on its own schedule. Is that possible? If so, and you know of  an updated document or video which refers to the current version of the desktop application that would be appreciated.  I would also like to know what exactly is the difference between "armed" and "all motion on?"

Thanks for any assistance.

Reggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reggie36 wrote:

I just purchased a 2 camera Arlo system. The initial setup went very smoothly but I am left somewhat baffled by the modes, rules and scheduling process. I want to put each camera on its own schedule. Is that possible? If so, and you know of  an updated document or video which refers to the current version of the desktop application that would be appreciated.  I would also like to know what exactly is the difference between "armed" and "all motion on?"

Reggie

all motion on is the OLD name from the defaults and it is the same as ARMED default ( all on )

You can not have two schedules, but you need modes as follows... ARMED ( all on ) , DISARMED ( all off ) , CAM A, CAM B.

You add the two additonal modes by making news ones ( read this ; What are Rules and how do I create them?)

After creating the above two new modes ,you can run any combo of your two cameras in the schedule. Remember only one Mode can run at a time ...

So if you want both cams on from 10am to 2 pm, use ARMED, then you want on cam A only  so Pick Mode CAM A at 201 pm to 8 pm...etc

You cannot run tru Midnight so go to 12 mindnight split your time slot there, pick up the second half of time at 1201am the next day.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reggie36 wrote:

Reggie

all motion on is the OLD name from the defaults and it is the same as ARMED default ( all on )

You can not have two schedules, but you need modes as follows... ARMED ( all on ) , DISARMED ( all off ) , CAM A, CAM B.

You add the two additonal modes by making news ones ( read this ; What are Rules and how do I create them?)

After creating the above two new modes ,you can run any combo of your two cameras in the schedule. Remember only one Mode can run at a time ...

So if you want both cams on from 10am to 2 pm, use ARMED, then you want on cam A only  so Pick Mode CAM A at 201 pm to 8 pm...etc

You cannot run tru Midnight so go to 12 mindnight split your time slot there, pick up the second half of time at 1201am the next day.

Morse is faster than texting!
Reggie36
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Tom,

Thank you, that helped a lot.

73s

Reggie

SteveF87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Link to article is not active.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-Rules-and-how-do-I-create-them/ta-p/42 - there was a space embedded at the end of the previous link.

A little looking around the site for FAQs gets you a lot of information.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation