iOS Arlo app mode stuck on “Getting status", browser accessed OK though

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

I own Arlo cameras including Q, and Pro 2 models. These seemed to be operating reasonably well recently. I routinely access the cameras through the Arlo app on an iPhone 11 with iOS 13.3.1.

After logging in yesterday and again today (26 Apr 2020) my Arlo app displayed error messages on the 'Device' screen. The messages are “Getting status..." or “Getting status" shown over a red circle with exclamation mark (warning symbol), this displayed over each camera thumbnail image.

The cameras seemed to be working independently of this. In fact It was disconcerting to receive an alarm message in the middle of the night, launch the Arlo app, only to see the screen NOT displaying any of the many cameras I own.

Later I logged into the Arlo app and again it would not access any camera in the Devices window. The app allowed me to access the Library, Mode, etc,. I went back to the 'Devices' screen to access individual cameras - but even if selecting a camera configuration button the popup allowed me no access to view through the camera, only an option to delete that camera. Then I logged in to my.arlo.com through a browser, aside the the well documented (and too long running) problems with Flash and USB flash backup hardware, I was able to access all the Arlo cameras. The problem seemed to have something to do with the Arlo app on the iPhone.

SOLUTION - for now I found a work-around, I shut down then restarted the iPhone, launched the Arlo app, and all seemed OK again. This can be tedious to do, if one sees and alarm and has to jump the added hoops to access the Arlo cameras. But thought this might help someone.

Note I on 13.1.1 because am hesitant to upgrade to current iOS's; Apple Computer software has simply been too bug ridden - every release seems to cause more new problems and not remedy big issues since they released 'OSX Catalina' (Apple's equivalent of the old Microsoft Vista OS).

PS: Arlo forum management has yet to implement the logical suggestion of creating a section where people with multiple models of cameras and who have general software issues can post, so I post this to Community Feedback.

Martin

1 REPLY 1
arlo_user_ca
Tutor
Tutor

I have also reported this to  some five-six different Arlo reps and been given the run around for a month or so.

The problem is specific to IOS Clients and not my chrome or win 10 systems.

I think I know what the  problem is but the Arlo reps do not want to know.The just keep asking for meaningless other actions (are they bots ?)

Like yourself I had no issues with my Arlo set up for a year until several months ago (coincident with the 13 releases ?)