Tell us when you are down

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have our email addresses, so use them.  So far, your cloud uptime for us is about equal to your downtime.  If you want to have happy users, you must inform us when there are problems on your end.  Otherwise you will have frustrated users trying all sorts of fixes to no avail and the bad Amazon reviews will overwhelm you.  You have a lot of sympathetic early-adopters who want you to succeed, but the silent treatment will get you put back on the shelf.

7 REPLIES 7
Arlo_Status
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

You are absolutely correct hokeysmoke, we need to do a better job communicating to the user base regarding downtime.

Earlier this evening (PST), access to Arlo and other netgear.com web sites were blocked to all external users for over an hour, possibly longer for some. We are very concerned with our customer's experience and are working hard to eliminate these issues.

dhcl604
Tutor
Tutor

Well, is it down again this morning? I tried logging into my cameras and no matter where I try, desk top or phone, it says user name and or password is incorrect. Then it locked me out for 5 minutes. My App use to log me in automatically until this morning. I even reset my password but still cannot access my cameras. 

rerick
Star
Star

So far this service is so frustrating. The amount of downtime is ridiculous and there is ZERO communication about it. The worst thing is that the hardware is 100% useless if the cloud service isn't running. So I have a $350 product that I can only use when its website is available.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I haven't run into any down times YET since 2/25/2015 evening PST, but how often did it happen? What happens when Netgear's servers are down? Does our base stations queue to phone home later?

rerick
Star
Star

The service was going down a lot in early January. I haven't noticed any downtime lately. Unless there have been recent changes, there is not any form of backup if the system goes down. You lose everything that happens during that time. Arlo is crippled with out the service. It is definitely not ideal, but I am still using it. After a very rocky start the service seems to have stabilized.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

rerick wrote:

The service was going down a lot in early January. I haven't noticed any downtime lately. Unless there have been recent changes, there is not any form of backup if the system goes down. You lose everything that happens during that time. Arlo is crippled with out the service. It is definitely not ideal, but I am still using it. After a very rocky start the service seems to have stabilized.

Wow, not even a queue upload for delayed uploads. Our base stations should retry later if there is no connection.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is this why an unavailable message appeared?