Stop ignoring legitimate requests that go back many years

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's my new idea.  What a concept I know.  You take ideas and bury them into ancient threads which have been getting ignored.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Macahi,

These requests are not being ignored. While I understand it may appear that way due to some ideas having no recent status updates, ideas with high participation are certainly being considered. Similar ideas are merged together not to "bury" or ignore them, but to add weight to that idea and show an accurate representation of the number of users with that request.

We're hoping to further improve the communication for this in the future to make it more visible to users which ideas are being considered.

JamesC

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

The requests in that one thread alone go back a minimum of 4 years.  I'm sure there are similar requests going back further.  There has been no action and no communication from Arlo.  Yes, that is being ignored.  A legitimate approach which resolves the issue gets posted into new ideas, and that gets moved to this 4-year-old ignored thread.  Yes, that's being ignored.

The requested feature is ubiquitous in other surveillance systems.  It's such an obvious feature, that people don't even think to ask if it's there, because it would be beyond stupid for it not to be, yet it's still not and the requests still go unanswered.  Yes, that's being ignored.

There is no legitimate reason for this to still be an open/unresolved request.  I've been in software development for more than 35 years.  This is not a difficult implementation, it's a bad business decision.  Yes, it's being ignored.