Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kastamp
Follower
Follower

Hi,

This is actually to write the message, nothing related to the product. I don't even know if I put the correct product. I jusy wanted to leave the community but could not find any instructions. I received a very inappropriate message. Message is certainly a scam. I didn't open it but my understanding is that if the community leads to this type of situation I'd rather not to be part of it all.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@kastamp

was the message from a member of this site, or an outside person. I once, and only once, got a message in a private email saying that this woman had read my Arlo profile and asked if I wanted to meet up for sex. I flagged the message as inappropriate to the moderator and that ended that. 

If it was a member of this site, sometimes people in frustration at their problems lash out even to those that are trying to help them. I have been attacked several times by frustrated members while I was doing my best to help them. I just shrugged it off.

Brian

Dannybear
Master
Master
Received a private message from https://community.arlo.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/676308

But as ‘it’ never posted to the forum, could not mark the user as inappropriate.
brh
Master
Master

@Dannybear

Well, now that you have posted it here, probably the site modertor will look into it.

Brian

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Someone spamming you via PM has no reflection on the operators or legitimate members of this forum. It happened to me on here once.  It also happens on all platforms, including telephone, postal mail, email, instagram, facebook, twitter, etc.

If you want to leave then click on your username.  Click my settings. Click close account.

Or, you can turn off PMs if that concerns you.  It's also under my settings. See preferences, private messenger.

brh
Master
Master

Correct!

This is a public forum and ?#@% happens.

Brian

Chevy_mama
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah me too! How do I report the person? Here’s a screenshot