Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tedfine123
Follower
Follower

Today I received an email from Arlo with the footer:

"This is a mandatory email notification to update you about important information regarding your Arlo product or account."

I haven't used my account in several years. I don't have a subscription.  I want to completely delete my Arlo account.  And I've wasted 30 minutes navigating Aro's f-ed up support (sic) system trying to do so.

The only discussions I see here on the board on this topic are before Arlo apparently decided to discontinue giving support.  The virtual chatbot is worthless of course. The phone numbers I found online simply go to a recorded message saying that they decided to abandon giving personal support and that we should use the Arlo app for support. 

Ok, I decided to play along: I re-installed and logged into the Arlo app and I don't see any way to delete an account or get a <checks notes> real, live person who can answer a simple question.

(YES, I'm frustrated!)  ☹️

So, HTF do I delete my Arlo account, removing my entire account from Arlo.  Surely customers have the right to delete, correct?!!

Sorry for the shouting. 

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Krankenstine
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I delete my account and contact info. I haven't had an Arlo product for years. I have no associated devices on my account. I continue to get emails from Arlo. There is no ability to unsubscribe from these emails provided. When I try to contact support via chat, I'm told I don't qualify for support. I'd like my account deleted and contact information removed. Why is this so hard?

BeRad
Initiate
Initiate
I think I did it! I’ve tried off and on and also went through the looping customer service crap only to be told I don’t qualify to speak to customer service.

I finally broke down and bought a camera from their store. I went to customer service chatbot and said I was having trouble setting up a subscription. The agent came on and I said I wanted to cancel my account and cancel the order. He helped immediately, opened a ticket, etc. I cancelled the order within the hour (their rule). I got the ticket saying to update the ticket with a confirmation. Now we will see. Bye Arlo.

I figured at a minimum I would just return the camera costing them $ in shipping 2 ways.
VitoPau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck with this? I am trying do the same but seems impossible.
Aironeforhvfd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did this method work for you?  I am beyond upset as to how hard Arlo makes it to stop auto payment and cancel my account.  I have tried all the loops they recommend and they are still taking my money monthly for a service I have not had for over a year.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aironeforhvfd,

Please reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use to log in to your Arlo account and I will escalate the details of your concern to the care team.

JamesC