Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ghostly orbs all the time

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
godeatgod
Initiate
Initiate

I have my camera mounted in an enclosed porch/sunroom. All of my night shots always capture orbs flying around. I'm not here to suggest I've captured ghosts, but rather to confirm that other people get these all the time on their cameras too. I have lived in this house (built in 1930) for 15 years and many strange things have happened, like the cat refusing to go in one room, a person that claims they can see deceased people tell me they are all around my house, pictures have fallen off the wall, but I'm just not a believer in supernatural hocus pocus and feel that all these things have explanations. After my camera captured so many orbs flying around, a friend of mine claimed it is "proof" of paranormal activity. I disagree. Can others put this argument to rest? I don't see a place to upload my video so if someone tells me how, I will gladly share one or more with them.

9 REPLIES 9
paulsmitz
Apprentice
Apprentice

We get this too but only on one camera... we have deduced that it happens when we are walking upstairs above the camera and we get plaster dust falling from the ceiling which is too small to notice normally but the cameras love it... 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No ghosts, either above as stated or dust reflecting the IR lighting...

there are some vids here on site showing same.  Or you could just take a snapshot at night and upload a jpg ( title line picture icon )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
godeatgod
Initiate
Initiate

I uploaded my video. This is plaster dust? From a wood ceiling of an enclosed room?

http://tinypic.com/r/4pzg1v/9

I'm not saying it's paranormal. I'm just saying it's not dust. But I'm open to other suggestions.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's the IR reflection off out of focused dust ( or similar particles ) floating in the air currents.

go out at night while recording and blow air at camera

Morse is faster than texting!
jniles
Aspirant
Aspirant
We just purchased ours with 5 camera system. We have some outside on a fence a waterfall in the the house and under some eves. We built the house new in 1975. No one ever died in it just for your information. All of our cameras have these flying orbs. It is not paranormal but seems to be normal.
Parboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, dust similer to seeing dust float through a sunbeam in a window. Take a pillow, hold it up in the camera view and smack it,, Orb party!

Ksjeffrey
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for adding the scientific, sensible, "non-paranormal activity" answer to the discussion.

I have noticed those little flying "orbs" on two of my interior cameras. I assumed that's what they were, until I read your post. Now I know what they are. 

Jeff

Hhill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find a fix for the orbs? Just set up ours and both cameras show thousands of orbs at night.
Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

ha ha, plastic dust falling up and around and changing directions..ORBS my dear, I have them and I have a ton of activity here otherwise, I knew I would get them on the vids.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation