Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Driveway Deer

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jim006
Guide
Guide

https://youtu.be/0hkm0sS6NQI

That seems to be the best quality I can get at night with Pro4 which doesn't feel that great -- it is nighttime though.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears that you don't have the spotlight enabled in the cameras' videos settings under Low Light Settings. However, your video looks as good as it's going to get using only the IR illumination.

Jim006
Guide
Guide

I do have the spotlight enabled -- but I also have prefetch as well.   This means the previous 4 seconds before motion detection are used at the start of each video.  The spotlight is not on for that prefetch phase.

You'll notice the video switches from B&W to color after 4 seconds-ish.  I spliced three consecutive video clips together using a free video editor.  Each clip is roughly 30 seconds so the video progresses as follows:

4s prefetch + 26s color video + 4s prefetch + 26s color video + 4s prefetch + 26s color video.

You can see a brief "flare" effect when the spotlight turns on in each of the three prefect-to-color video transitions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the switch to spotlight but the whole scene is pretty much shades of gray so it doesn't appear to be color. In any event, the spotlight is only 100 lumens which isn't going to light up much. It may be better to use the floodlight which is 2000 lumens on battery (3000 on AC power) to get better results.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation